Manure Bucket Roll Back

/ Manure Bucket Roll Back #1  

IndyIan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST
And I don't mean raising a heaping bucket way up and accidentally curling the bucket instead of dumping....:laughing:

I bought an old manure bucket for a song but it has a 90 deg back angle on it, while my tractor normally has buckets with an 80 deg back angle. So my maximum roll back angle is reduced to 20 deg instead of 30 degrees.
Am I going to go crazy trying break out manure with the reduced roll back? Or is it not a big deal? I've mostly got wet/damp stuff in the barnyard so its not trampled hard or tight.
I've got a flat universal SS QA plate and was considering getting it welded on with 10 deg angle to get my rollback back, but that's extra money to cut pieces to make up the angle. And my cheap manure bucket starts to get expensive!
Any guesses if it will work OK with the reduced rollback?

/ Manure Bucket Roll Back #2  
I have a claw above it, because the loader tractor cant get in the old pig barn, where we winter the yearling horses in groups of 3 or 4. Without sufficient lift height you cant break it loose and the package will slide off the 3pt fork when you drive forward. With a front loader it will work by lifting it way up untill its loose, but trampled muck works better when you pull it loose horizontally (keeping it on the forks by this claw)

Whether its 20 or 30 degree rollback, you'll going to have to break it loose by lifting power instead of bucket breakout force anyways...

/ Manure Bucket Roll Back #3  
If its got manure tines it will work ok.

/ Manure Bucket Roll Back
Alright, I will give it a try as is. I used to clean out chicken barns by hand in my youth and the technique and angles is everything for doing it by hand, but I guess with hydraulics and HP, everything doesn't have to be ideal for the fork to work.

/ Manure Bucket Roll Back #5  
let me see if im reading you right.your afraide that when you get a full bucket of manure some will stick.thats what the downward dump motion is far.you pop your bucket going downward with the cylinders.an thats hard to understand with some1 telling you.have you ever popped your hay or pallet forks unloading them.i mean where they poped on the downward tilt in the air.if so thats popping the bucket.

let me see if im reading you right.your afraide that when you get a full bucket of manure some will stick.thats what the downward dump motion is far.you pop your bucket going downward with the cylinders.an thats hard to understand with some1 telling you.have you ever popped your hay or pallet forks unloading them.i mean where they poped on the downward tilt in the air.if so thats popping the bucket.
Well that's probably a concern too, but mostly I was worried about getting enough angle to keep the stuff on the fork when I rip a scoop out of the pile.

/ Manure Bucket Roll Back #7  
Manure buckets are made with the back at 90 degrees to the tines. The mix of straw or hay and manure does not flow like gravel so you don't need as much roll back to keep it on the forks, but it is also harder to get off the forks. With the back of bucket at 90, makes you're dump angle sharper (closer to vertical) when you dump to help slide the crap off.

That's good to hear, I'm grinding off the old the QA system which is taking a while. I think this will be the last job for my $20 grinder!

/ Manure Bucket Roll Back #9  
Let us know hot the grinder holds up. I have a pin bucket to get converted to QA and 2 grinders both "harbor freight specials". Started on the bucket last week for about 5 minutes, decided to wait and see if Santa shows up with Plasma cutter.