Buying Advice Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #121  
Yep - ran Fords, Massey, etc for 100's of Hrs each over the years. Just bought what I liked best. May not be the best for everyone but there really is a lot of personal preference that comes into play when making a large purchase such as a tractor/car/house/etc....

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #122  
Out of curiosity, i have to wonder how many folks have ever bought or ran another tractor than the one they have?
Ronnie

I am on my 5th one. 4 different brands. I bought Kubota twice. Current tractor is a Kioti.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #123  
I have had AC, Case, Deere, Ford and Internationals. I had the best service from Case and Deere. While working on the road I have rented Kubota, Case, Deere, Bobcat and Cat. I like Deere and Cat construction equipment the best but felt Case was good too.

So if I have had good luck over the years with Deere equipment then I am stupid to buy more of it? That seems to be the undercurrent on TBN these days.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #124  
So if I have had good luck over the years with Deere equipment then I am stupid to buy more of it? That seems to be the undercurrent on TBN these days.

Seems the same to me as well. I've run several makes over the years on other folks farms, prefer Deeres myself.
Those orange tractors hurt my eyes believe it or not & i'm from the home of the Vols:eek: nothing wrong with them other than that.
Like i said in a earlier post, dealer support plays a huge part & the local dealer has always went out of the way for me.

Ronnie

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #125  
Never heard anyone say that "Allis" tractors hurt their eyes. That's a new one.

I prefer the old established names myself. But when Deere starts selling kitchen utensils and Kubota sells Shop Vacs and Tool Boxes, you have to admit, that things arn't ever going to be like they used to be..

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #126  
Never heard anyone say that "Allis" tractors hurt their eyes. That's a new one.

I prefer the old established names myself. But when Deere starts selling kitchen utensils and Kubota sells Shop Vacs and Tool Boxes, you have to admit, that things arn't ever going to be like they used to be..

LOL, city folks like to feel like country folks.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #127  
In the 1970's we hd 9 JD tractors . Had just about everything you can think of since and seem to have landed with...1 Steiger, 3 fords,2 Versatiles ,3 MF's, 2 fiat/hesston, 2 CAT ,2 case IH and 1 JD .There wont be any more green ones . Kubota is still something of an odd ball on farms here but I am very interested .

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #128  
In the 1970's we hd 9 JD tractors . Had just about everything you can think of since and seem to have landed with...1 Steiger, 3 fords,2 Versatiles ,3 MF's, 2 fiat/hesston, 2 CAT ,2 case IH and 1 JD .There wont be any more green ones . Kubota is still something of an odd ball on farms here but I am very interested .

You have a very eclectic mix.

I have run Farmalls, Olivers, a Massey, a White, a couple IH, a McCormick, and owned Farmalls, but now just have the lil Kubota.

I like my little tractor, and since I don't have a lot of experience with any other modern tractors, I have never expressed a negative opinion about another brand.

My wife and I DID have a negative experience with the JD dealer and their sales staff, but there were actually some things about the tractor I liked better than the same ones on our Kubota.

I personally have not seen any brand bashing on here, but if you feel it happens, that sucks.

Live and let live ought to go without saying.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #129  
When I was doing research for a tractor, I went to a dealer that had JD, MF, and NH. I was in the market for a SCUT, so NH was out, leaving JD and MF. I picked up a 2015 MF GC1720 TLB with a 60" MMM for $5K less that the equivalent JD. When I was comparing the two tractors (GC1720 TLB and JD 1025R) the major differences were the JD had a aux power plug to charge my cell and ergo comfort matting for my feet LOL.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #130  
When I was doing research for a tractor, I went to a dealer that had JD, MF, and NH. I was in the market for a SCUT, so NH was out, leaving JD and MF. I picked up a 2015 MF GC1720 TLB with a 60" MMM for $5K less that the equivalent JD. When I was comparing the two tractors (GC1720 TLB and JD 1025R) the major differences were the JD had a aux power plug to charge my cell and ergo comfort matting for my feet LOL.

Won't have to worry about you TEXTING while mowing then:D