Buying Advice Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #101  
I went to the Ag/Construction JD dealer and told them what I wanted. The salesman told me their smaller tractors were sold "Down the street," at the part of the dealership that also sold mowers, chainsaws, etc. And literally rolled his eyes.

When I got there I understood why. The "salesman" listened to what I was looking for and brought me to a JD to point out how it had a roll-on mower, "Which Kubota doesn't have." Except I'd already told him I wasn't going to be mowing....

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #102  
When I was tractor shopping a year and a half ago, I went to all he dealers in the area....made no difference what brand....all of them.

The JD dealer 'salesman' came out had no idea what he was 'selling'. He didn't know any of the prices, not even within a $10-20,000 range.....NO IDEA.

I pointed out the aluminum rear axle housing.... he didn't know. I pointed out that the loader couldn't be taken off....he didn't know. I pointed out the amount of plastic everywhere....he didn't know.

I went to the Kubota dealer. Wandered around the lot..no one came out. I went inside. The 'salesman' wouldn't even go outside to answer my questions. He was too busy with papers on his desk.

Because of this forum, I knew what to ask any dealer I went to. I knew more than them.

Back to the title of this thread, if I HAD to buy a JD or a Kubota, I'd buy the Kubota purely because of the cost. Maybe that's why Kubota is favored on this site. Most of the viewers don't buy 1/2 million dollar combines, which is where JD seems to shine. We simply watch our dollars more by buying non JD.

Fortunately for me, I didn't have to buy either green or orange...and I didn't.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #103  
When I was tractor shopping a year and a half ago, I went to all he dealers in the area....made no difference what brand....all of them.

The JD dealer 'salesman' came out had no idea what he was 'selling'. He didn't know any of the prices, not even within a $10-20,000 range.....NO IDEA.

I pointed out the aluminum rear axle housing.... he didn't know. I pointed out that the loader couldn't be taken off....he didn't know. I pointed out the amount of plastic everywhere....he didn't know.

I went to the Kubota dealer. Wandered around the lot..no one came out. I went inside. The 'salesman' wouldn't even go outside to answer my questions. He was too busy with papers on his desk.

Because of this forum, I knew what to ask any dealer I went to. I knew more than them.

Back to the title of this thread, if I HAD to buy a JD or a Kubota, I'd buy the Kubota purely because of the cost. Maybe that's why Kubota is favored on this site. Most of the viewers don't buy 1/2 million dollar combines, which is where JD seems to shine. We simply watch our dollars more by buying non JD.

Fortunately for me, I didn't have to buy either green or orange...and I didn't.

So, Ford or Chevy? :)

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #104  
actually Toyota Tundra :)

front.jpg

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #105  
Nothing wrong with Kubota, nothing wrong with JD, I have one of each

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #106  
   / Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #107  
I'm a third generation Deere owner (one of my grandpas had Deere and the other was a Ford man all the way...except trucks, but that's a different story). My dad was red all the way but he kept my grandpas Deer tractors around after he died. I still have all the old girls and even some "newer" ones (my newest Deere is a 2005 and then a 80's 4440). I recently bought my first ever Kubota. I could see my grandpa(both of them) and my dad spinning in their graves! I had to do it though, it just made the best sense. I needed a small 25-35hp tractor to use in the woods, be a smaller loader tractor to have around the house, do a little gardening and food plotting with. I noticed the compact market had changed considerably since last time I looked years ago. What happened to New Holland??? They really fell back. Deere tried to go too cheap with the 3e series and it showed, that was painful to see how they cut corners on those tractors. I didn't need or want their fancy compacts because this tractor needed to be simple as it wouldn't be used all the time but when it was used it would be used hard and for hours upon end. Kubota was the clear winner here with the L line and I ended up with one of those. I got a better tractor for thousands less than the 3e that I didn't even like! I really miss the 790/990/3005/4005 tractors. Those would have been perfect.

/ Many People Seem to Favor Kubota over Deere on TractorByNet. #110  
I have the 4.6l v8....310hp....... 23 mpg hwy.

Lot's better than my old GMC 350 :)