Massey 1740M oil & fuel filter?

/ Massey 1740M oil & fuel filter? #1  

TopSpeed1

Tractor
2019 Massey 1740M Cab
The manual is pretty generic, maybe I missed it but what is the part# for the oil & fuel filters? I壇 like to Xref it to a major brand, Same with the fuel filter. I知 sure others will want the same.

My dealer did the 50hr, but at $42 for just the oil filter I want to do it myself. Crazy also because it痴 a small oil filter that I consider to be a $10-$15 (WIX or other branded) one, no way at 42 bucks.

Pre thanks! :)

/ Massey 1740M oil & fuel filter?
I think MF was trying to make this proprietary or something. Dang, this info was like trying to crack a google algorithm!

So I finally paid for and downloaded the illustrated parts manual for the 1740M. I’ve got what I think would be the correct info, but after all this I want to be sure and not spread bad info. So, I will order in a WIX (which I believe to be a premium filter) and see if it fits before I waive the checkered flag. If all good, I’ll be glad to share my info with everyone here.

/ Massey 1740M oil & fuel filter? #3  
This is the oil filter I used: 140517050 Perkins Oil Filter
I did a bunch of research before I was finally able to cross reference this filter. Perkins makes a really good oil filter.

This is the oil filter I used: 140517050 Perkins Oil Filter
I did a bunch of research before I was finally able to cross reference this filter. Perkins makes a really good oil filter.

Thanks for the choice! :)
I called my local Autozone and will pickup the WIX cross referenced filter tomorrow. The WIX is $22 which half of what the MF one is at my dealers. I’ll guarantee anyone that the WIX will be twice the quality also.

For folks that may change multiple per season, I’ll also have an economical Name-Brand choice for under $5

/ Massey 1740M oil & fuel filter? #7  
I get my oil filters from the dealer as long as my tractor is still under warranty, just because, they are a little more expensive but no biggie. the fuel filter on the other hand is absolutely ridiculous! I am not ready for one yet for a few more hours, and there is no aftermarket version available yet. Plan on shelling out $180.00 for that!
I'm basing this info refering to my 2019 1755M.

Dealer price for MF oil filter was $42.59, which of course Massey gets one of the filter Mfgr’s to make for them in a generic non traceable - No number black. I’d bet dollar to donuts it’s probably one of the cheaper ones at that.

So here are some hard to obtain MF part numbers so you can xref to your brand choice.
Oil Filter: 7064608M91
Hyd oil filter: 6255330M2
Fuel filters: 7102101M91 2nd one is: 7102041M91

I went with the WIX 57000 for my oil filter. Do the research, Wix doesn’t shortcut on materials and always rank close to or at the top of all test reviews.

For an economical choice, or for somebody doing frequent changes I suggest the Fram PH3614
My local Walmart has these in stock for $3.88 and probably (seriously) close In quality to the generic OEM filter.

Hope this info helps my fellow DIYers ��

/ Massey 1740M oil & fuel filter? #10  
Dealer price for MF oil filter was $42.59, which of course Massey gets one of the filter Mfgr’s to make for them in a generic non traceable - No number black. I’d bet dollar to donuts it’s probably one of the cheaper ones at that.

I will preface this by saying that I was an automotive tech for 35 years and a shop owner for 20 years. And yes, you can have 20 different brands of oil filters and the majority of them may be made by 5 manufacturers (relatively speaking)

But if your Massey dealer is charging you $42.59 for the oil filter, it might be time to change dealers. I went in and paid for mine today and it was $21.52

The statement shows Fargo North Dakota (billing office for Butler)
But the MF/ Agco dealer is in Freemont Ne.
Second one in the last year and a half and still the same price. Screenshot_20200921-192557.jpg