Massey 35 plugs

/ Massey 35 plugs #1  

Earlybird112

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35
Hi can anyone advise what spark plugs I need for my tvo 35 . I'll be using mainly petrol I guess and the ones that are in now are champion n8,s. Look like they've been in a while. Also any thoughts on electronic ignition? Thanks

/ Massey 35 plugs #2  
Why not just the same kind again (champion n8)?

/ Massey 35 plugs #3  
I can't speak directly about your TVO35 but when I put electronic ignition on my MF35 it was a dramatic improvement. I stopped fouling plugs and it starts and runs better than it used to with points. For me it was money well spent.

/ Massey 35 plugs
Ok thanks for your replies. I'm not sure if the n8 plug is still available or whether it was the right one for the job or just some that someone had put in at the time. When I do a comparison search it gets a bit vague . I'm In the UK and many owners may talk about brands less available here. With regard to ditching the points I believe i need to update the coil and leads which is fine but I've not come across many firms that offer the ignition parts as yet. It may well mean specific spark plugs too if it's updated

/ Massey 35 plugs #5  
I did not change the coil or the wires when I switched to electronic ignition. I figured I'd try it first and then spend the additional money only if it was necessary. That was several years ago...

/ Massey 35 plugs
That's worth knowing. I'd like to keep things original as possible and don't want to swap out too much where possible. The kits that fit inside the original distributor just replacing points and condenser are what I'd like , keeping original screw in type leads etc

/ Massey 35 plugs #7  
Use

Autolite 386 Better yet Autolite 3116

Last edited:
   / Massey 35 plugs #9  
Hi can anyone advise what spark plugs I need for my tvo 35 . I'll be using mainly petrol I guess and the ones that are in now are champion n8,s. Look like they've been in a while. Also any thoughts on electronic ignition? Thanks
Hey Earlybird ! Welcome TBN , I posted a thread 5/27/2021 on electronic ignition for M-F with Continental gasoline engines & some recommendations , I've been using one with good success for 20+ years & it has been a great improvement in it being reliable & long term cost savings from the regular tune ups ! check it out & I hope You find it helpful.