Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #101  
The service person spent the day at my house while I was at work, when I got home the fuel gauge was working, I called the dealer and he said when the new sending unit was replaced and the tank put back a vent tube was pinched causing the left tank to vapor lock and not allow fuel to travel to right tank where the sending unit is located.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #102  
The service person spent the day at my house while I was at work, when I got home the fuel gauge was working, I called the dealer and he said when the new sending unit was replaced and the tank put back a vent tube was pinched causing the left tank to vapor lock and not allow fuel to travel to right tank where the sending unit is located.

While maybe not an easy fix, that's better news than learning the second unit had also failed.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #103  
Got a 2014 1736 with 12x12 synchro shuttle (really like after having a hydrostat, which I thought I wanted but SS works really well) DL120 SSQA loader, R4s, CID X treme forks, and 6' rotary cutter a couple months ago. 126 hours on it when I got it. Really happy with it so far. Has the fuel tank issue, which I am going to try to fix as it seems really simple.

Can any post the maintenance schedule for it? Seller neglected to include the owner's manual. Thanks.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #104  
Got a 2014 1736 with 12x12 synchro shuttle (really like after having a hydrostat, which I thought I wanted but SS works really well) DL120 SSQA loader, R4s, CID X treme forks, and 6' rotary cutter a couple months ago. 126 hours on it when I got it. Really happy with it so far. Has the fuel tank issue, which I am going to try to fix as it seems really simple.

Can any post the maintenance schedule for it? Seller neglected to include the owner's manual. Thanks.

Sorry these are not PDF's

Attachments

• IMG_5012-.jpg
    IMG_5012-.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_5011-.jpg
    IMG_5011-.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 260
   / Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #105  

I see a lot of fuel tank issues being mentioned. Too bad you can稚 just plane stick the darned thing like an airplane tank. That痴 the surefire way to really know. Mine works fine but calibration is way off, always was. Based on my can dump fueling method when it hits dead empty, no bars its really still half full. I dump in another can it痴 gonna be full +- a quart. That痴 close enough for me.
Here痴 how I do it not being a full time real farmer. I do whatever I do until it痴 empty, no bars. With that in mind I just keep going until I知 finished for the day knowing full well that I can稚 use enough to begin to worry about running out. Then I head home and refill it afterwards. I can see how it would suck for some folks but in my type use it works plenty well enough.
I haven稚 tried it yet but you still may be able to stick the tank using a thin steel or aluminum rod. Looking at it there may be room to put a bend in there to get around the dog leg and reach the bottom.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #106  
SOMETHING YOU SHOULD CONSIDER. GREASE ZERKS, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU USE. I caught this last summer but forgot to mention it here where it actually applies. This is in regard to the 2 grease zerks located on the front and rear of the center of the front axle. The ones sticking right outwaiting to get rubbed off by a rock.
Now the dealer computer files say it’s a 1/8” Standard NPT. Well I’d already tried them all as well as a 10 MM. BEWARE , BOTH THREAD IN JUST NOT QUITE “RIGHT”. So I go to dealer and look at the computer and it says NPT. Well I know it’s not right by the feel so start digging. I find they used an ALEMITE THREAD which it appears that being left behind by the West mostly are still used in the Orient. What that thread really is namely is a BRITISH TAPER PIPE THREAD . Now you can find those for the great deal of $25 ea or some combination of price and ludicrous shipping on Fleabay by Ripoff artists and that’s about it.
Somebody on here sent me this link and I got some and for a reasonable price no less.
1/8-28 BSP Straight British Grease Zerk Nipple Fitting Nipple 1 Pcs | eBay
It saved the day for me and I made sure the dealer was made aware as well. Just remember well, the NPT AND METERIC will thread right into BSP threads.....most of the way. So if you are replacing one and it starts but then later on feels like it’s cross threading then it probably is and this is why. I hope this saves someone headaches down the road.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #107  
Does the 1736 (or 1742) open station tractor have a tool box as standard equipment?

Jeff

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #108  
Does the 1736 (or 1742) open station tractor have a tool box as standard equipment?

Jeff

Mine sure didn稚 . Not much anyplace to put one either. That little hatch behind the seat is pretty much useless as well

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #109  
Thanks Drizler. My 1742 was delivered today. Very happy so far, but all I have done with it so far is blade the lane. I will give it a good work out in a few days.

I tipped the seat up and found a small compartment on the back wall they seem to call a tool box. I found a short wiring harness with a plastic connector on one end and 6 bare wires on the other end. What is this for? It has a number on the harness 17276669000-0, but a search of the online parts manual resulted in no matches.

Jeff
Harness.JPG

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #110  
Thanks Drizler. My 1742 was delivered today. Very happy so far, but all I have done with it so far is blade the lane. I will give it a good work out in a few days.

I tipped the seat up and found a small compartment on the back wall they seem to call a tool box. I found a short wiring harness with a plastic connector on one end and 6 bare wires on the other end. What is this for? It has a number on the harness 17276669000-0, but a search of the online parts manual resulted in no matches.

Jeff
View attachment 559680
My best guess is I believe that is your harness to connect a radio that does not have a plug which matches what's prewired on your tractor.