Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #81  
Haven't heard "Boo" from him, so one can presume he wants to be left to his own devices. Has anyone else heard any updates?
I can't help but wonder if he's making it difficult for MF to help him - our local Dealer is great to me when I need the smallest part, or a heap of advice on where to get something I need quickly. I also wonder if they are following his story. I still hope they fix it for him though.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects

Sorry that I have not been in for so long but there has been allot happening but also nothing, I will try to explain as much as I can in the future.
The short and the long of it is the Tractor is still at the dealer for the 6th week, they can't fix the steering and I need to get a solicitor to take action from here, as Agco Drag out a product that has been unsafe from the first day it was delivered, there are many video's on the specific defects and Agco still don't fix the steering because I believe they cannot get it to work.
The Most important thing to take away is that once you have purchased a product from Agco you are then on your own and they won't make it safe, the dates that they became aware of these lethal defects and the time frames that no action was taken, also look at how long ago it was that WHS Qld deemed this tractor unsafe and cannot be used on our Farm and still its not fixed or safe. Don't by Agco, Massey Ferguson or anything from *REDACTED*.

Yours Truly

Garry

Agco has placed my life in Danger for 24 months with this lethally defective Tractor and also it's not fit for Function, the Steering has not worked for the whole time, they were given written notice on the 20th of December 2016 that the Steering has always just disappeared at all sorts of random times and in my case no action was taken until 23 months after purchase even though after the date above it was in writting and no action at all was taken, SO if your like me and *REDACTED* Salesman who was told from the next morning about the Steering and Shuttle, the Loader and other problems, Now apparently has amnesia, but the Amount of emails from 14 months does not truly let them run away from the Facts that nothing was done in those times, Their Failures of Duty of Care obligations is staggering, placing my life and my Sons life in gross danger, the Damage caused to my Tractor because of their Negligence in affecting repairs is laid out in Letters to them that they never responded to, I have written to Agco, Australia, Agco Global, Massey Ferguson Australia and never have I had a response to any of these seriously lethal defects.
At 16 months the Tractor was returned to me after the splitting of the Tractor to finally attend to the Massively Aggressively Savage shuttle, it was returned with Massive Binding in it, then at 18 months it blew the Front diff, and again returned with the massive binding, then I was forced to call in Work Place Health and Safety Queensland and that was late June 2017 and they deemed the Tractor that unsafe that it had to be removed from work on our Farm.

It is important to understand that a Farm is a work place and equipment this unsafe cannot be used on the Farm, I can not then sell it until its made safe, so months and months of trying to get Agco to take action to fix this Steering, the Binding the Loader, only to find that they upgraded the steering with a super sized upgraded cylinder, and it still cannot work the front wheels on a dead flat floor.

The Binding went from no clue at all to its a known defect in this Series of Tractor, after they left me for 7 months with it and no action to fix it until 22 months.

SO there is the updates, I went quiet with this to try to allow them to fix it and see what would happen, but this is what has happened so far and its all dated, SO now our only action available is to take it to a solicitor.
But you cannot take equipment back like this that is unsafe or as I said you will be liable for anything that happens.

Yours Truly

Garry

Last edited by a moderator:

So this is what owning a Agco Product has been like for my Family and Myself, the dangers and lethal nature are so well documented and laid out.

Yours Truly

Garry

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #86  
I understand the fellow is frustrated - but his objective seems to have switched from asking for help to swaying others to not purchase anything from the manufacturer. At the end of the day all tractors produced in this class are basically equal in design and quality and there is always going to be a few customers who will not be satisfied regardless of brand (Red, Green, Blue or Orange) - just ask your local dealer if there is a customer he wished he never sold a product to. I recall a story of one dealer telling his employees that if anyone in his store sold (name of a difficult customer) another piece of equipment they would be fired. Kind of surprised the administrator has left this thread on here for so long.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #87  
Yep, it seems there is no new information, no fresh puzzles and nothing for us observers to figure out. Other than being interested in the final ending it is a dead horse for the rest of us.

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #88  
hi all
I have a friend who is a 70 yr old tractor loving person she bought a DL95 tractor 2yrs ago and moves just dirt in her big yard,well the other day the arm that goes to the bucket busted
now I am a certified welder and can fix this issue but she has called her dealer and they have basicly pushed her away telling her that the warranty is up and not covered
well I inspected this break and from my experience this is a manufacture defect issue and should be coverd it is apparent to me that the weld did not penetrate the steel
so my question is doesn't the warranty go beyond to fix this issue.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #89  
hi all
I have a friend who is a 70 yr old tractor loving person she bought a DL95 tractor 2yrs ago and moves just dirt in her big yard,well the other day the arm that goes to the bucket busted
now I am a certified welder and can fix this issue but she has called her dealer and they have basicly pushed her away telling her that the warranty is up and not covered
well I inspected this break and from my experience this is a manufacture defect issue and should be coverd it is apparent to me that the weld did not penetrate the steel
so my question is doesn't the warranty go beyond to fix this issue.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP
You are now joining the "agco club". Their products fall apart and agco wont stand behind their product. I have been accused of agco bashing, but it is what it is. Take your money, when it breaks they gouge on parts and labor and it breaks again and the wont stand behind the repairs. There was a guy on here last summer i believe and he had same problem as you dont know if agco stood behind his tractor or not. Lets just say agco has terrible customer service and warranty. Their warranty program is how can we wiggle out of this issue. Also their employee relations also stink.

/ Massey Ferguson 4608 Lethal defects #90  
Jason, Phillip W has been accused of AGCO bashing as he says. That is all he does. If you wish to get involved, find out from the lady when her guarantee ran out and have your own talk with the dealer. As certified welder you can probably show the dealer where it was in fact a defect. Regional service reps mediate such issues and you can ask them to make the judgement. The worst they can do is say no. Again, only if you wish to get involved. Best of luck with it.