Mattress

/ Mattress #31  
It must have been 45 years ago, I was at the local auction with my dad and the auctioneer was holding up a pencil for sale. I asked my dad what was going on and he said, you see that mattress over there? You get the mattress if you buy the pencil. It's illegal to sell a used mattress in Illinois. Lesson learned, you can get around a lot of laws with creative thinking.

Kevin

/ Mattress #32  
Stayed at a motel once with King size beds (we have a Queen), it was like sleeping in a boxing ring, I knew she was in there somewhere....

Yep, we, too, still have the Queen size.:laughing:

Everyone has an opinion and it is only what is right for you that matters. Me: I think the Sleep Number is a gimmick and lying on one feels like I am on an air mattress. Just my opinion. I don't know if you resell your mattresses when you buy new. But perspiration stains on a mattress is a deal killer, for sure, in the used market.

If lying on one felt like an air mattress, I would think you needed to change the air pressure; i.e., sleep number. I know nothing about any related laws, but have never seen a used mattress for sale. Our used one went to the landfill, and I soon wished that I had it back.

/ Mattress #34  
Another vote here for Tempurpedic. We have several in our family and everyone loves them.

/ Mattress #35  
We went with a traditional two sided Shifman mattress made from natural materials. Very good quality and not cheap and you need to old school flip and spin regularly, especially when breaking it in. A friend gave us a heavy down mattress pad recently that has made it even more comfortable. Eight years on still loving it.

/ Mattress #37  
Funny Humans! You pretty much can't give away a used mattress, but people will spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars a night to sleep on one.

/ Mattress #38  
It must have been 45 years ago, I was at the local auction with my dad and the auctioneer was holding up a pencil for sale. I asked my dad what was going on and he said, you see that mattress over there? You get the mattress if you buy the pencil. It's illegal to sell a used mattress in Illinois. Lesson learned, you can get around a lot of laws with creative thinking.

Kevin

Illegal in NC too. Several years ago I helped one of our secretaries move some furniture she bought used. She got a couple mattresses to put in a second bedroom. I would have hauled them off to the dump. Nasty. The dealers here deliver and dispose of old mattresses. That is one law that I can agree with.

/ Mattress #39  
I'm older than dirt so I can truthfully say I've had quite a bit of experience with mattresses. If you are young and have no joint or back problems then an innerspring mattress will be OK. As you get older and things start to ache in the night - you are going to need a mattress with better support. Such as a Tempur-Pedic or an air adjustable like I have - Sleep Number.

Go on the internet - find a local dealer - see what you like - buy from a dealer with 60 to 90 day return policy.

My neighbor has Sleep Number beds and swear by them. I have not tried them but I sure will when my present mattresses need changing. Maybe wife and I will go over and spend the night with him and his wife sometime since he has a spare Sleep-number, actually he has 2 spares, one in his motorhome and one in his man cave.

I have tried Tempur-Pedic memory foam (hotel )and did not like it at all. It was hot and hard to move on and really didn't agree with my back.