Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #1  

allen in texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/640 lbs cast weight, 854 loader
But you do what you gotta do. The boat and trailer are 20 years old and the bunks on the trailer had rotted. It's embarrassing to unload your boat and have the bunks float away. So I rigged slings and picked the boat up off the trailer and repaired the bunks.

I' tell ya, it was all my little 3240 wanted to pick up the boat. I wasn't sure it would do it when I first started lifting but My 'Bota strained mightily and lifted with all her might and I got the boat up. This is the heaviest thing I have picked up with my loader.

Anyway, here's a picture of the rig after I set the boat on the floor on some old tires.

Attachments

• hobbies 003.jpg
    hobbies 003.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,024
   / Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #2  
That is a use for a loader that I haven't seen yet. It never ceases to amazed me the new uses for a FEL that I see.
A few years ago I built a tree fort for my son on the ground and used the loader and forks to set it about 8' up in the tree. :)

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #3  
Way to Go! Now kubota will release this as an option and all others will follow.

Besides the 4Wheel Bota will go where some 2 Wheel trucks just can't. LOL!

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #4  
Allen that's the great thing of having a FEL...you can use for anything you want.

About 10 years ago the wife insisted on a new mattress. So we go buy one and I mention to the to the clerk/owner...

..."hey this looks like it might be too big to get up our stairs."

The clerk smiles and says...hey it's only a mattress. The house hasn't been built that my guys can't move a mattress into.

Well alrighty then, 10 days go by and they pull in to make the delivery. No sweat I'm busy mowing and don't think anything of it until I see 'em standing outside 15 minutes later looking up at our bedroom scratching their heads.

Turns out that it was too thick to move upstairs, I had to load it into the bucket and lift it onto the roof where a guy lifted it onto our deck that's pictured in my av...

...that CF was a traffic stopper let me tell ya.

3138888562_f42a170d7e.jpg

Huh? thought I had a av here anyway this is the deck the FEL lifted to.

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL
Cool.

CF huh?

I got ya! :D

I've used mine for all kinds of stuff and I've been wanting to lift this boat for 2 years but I didn't know how I was going to do it. One afternoon, while having a beer in the barn I looked at the tractor and it came to me.

Well DUH!!!

One of my favorite things is moving dumpsters when I'm working in peoples back yards and the dumpster is in the way. Roll the bucket all the way back and it fits the hooks on the dumpster perfectly.
Well I guess I don't like moving the dumpster so much as I like the look on the peoples face when I do it. ;)

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #6  
Awesome. How far away is the boat ramp? Maybe you don't need a trailer after all. :)

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL
Awesome. How far away is the boat ramp? Maybe you don't need a trailer after all. :)

Well let's see, I live smack dab in the middle of the best hunting and fishing a fella could want.

Yep
300 miles any direction.

;)

yeah, I need a trailer. :D

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #8  
Well you made me realize that I didn't need to buy that boat lift last summer. I needed a bigger tractor. :cool:

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #9  
Well, I haven't used my Kubota FEL for lifting anything odd (yet!) but I did use a 743 Bobcat once to split a JD 1530 so we could rebuild the engine. When we were done, we used that little Bobcat to put it back together! I can tell you that it takes 2 steady hands and 2 steady feet to do that!

Good job with the boat. Glad to see that you used a sling back on the hull rather than using the bow eye. Those bow eyes are plenty strong for what they are intended for, but they sure weren't intended for lifting.

/ Maybe not what Kubota had in mind for a FEL #10  
I should have taken a picture. My oldest son stores his 1000cc crotch rocket motorcycle in my barn during the winter. When he comes to get it in the spring with his pickup we use four tie down straps to lift the bike up into the air with the FEL on my B3030. He then backs the truck under it. Beats trying to push it up a ramp.