Mayo on corn on the cob

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #21  
Growing up, we had sweet corn right out of the garden. Mom would shuck it, place it in a ice bath for about an hour, then boil them in milk on the stove, Dad and I used butter, salt and pepper, Mom and my brother put mayo on them. Never thought it was weird, just not my way. Now the wife and I just pull back the husk, get rid of the hair, she makes a smear of salted butter, garlic salt and garlic powder, smears it all over, pulls the husk back up and we grill it. So tasty

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #22  
I like mayonnaise on butter beans so I’ll give corn a try next time. We grew up on mayonnaise sandwiches, still like them. Ranch is good on most everything including baked potatoes.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #23  
Doesn't mayo pretty much melt down to eggs and oil?

I enjoy mayo with french fried potatos, or any potato really.

Garlic mayo and grilled asparagus is sublime.

Sweet corn? I prefer it "straight up"! No butter or salt, Maybe pepper, or a dash of Franks hot sauce if it's on the table ;-)

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #24  
Mayo is for chicken/chicken salad, green salads and ham sandwiches...mustard for everything else, especially cheeseburgers.
Corn on the cob? Garlic salt, butter and pepper...same for shrimp and asparagus...cooked on the grill.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #25  
I tried Mayo on corn on the cob. It was OK but I prefer butter, garlic salt - etc.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #26  
Growing up, we had sweet corn right out of the garden. Mom would shuck it, place it in a ice bath for about an hour, then boil them in milk on the stove, Dad and I used butter, salt and pepper, Mom and my brother put mayo on them. Never thought it was weird, just not my way. Now the wife and I just pull back the husk, get rid of the hair, she makes a smear of salted butter, garlic salt and garlic powder, smears it all over, pulls the husk back up and we grill it. So tasty
when is the next time she is cooking corn? :)

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #27  
I know what you mean, some grilled corn seems mighty tasty right about now. I think it will be at least a few months before I get my corn on the cob.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #28  
Oooo! You guys are making me WANT CORN! ;-)

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #29  
I've still got to get mine planted, so I won't be having any for a while. We do have some(corn off the cob) in the freezer though.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #30  
Once in a while I'll make corn on the cob with mayo and chili powder sprinkled on it then wrapped in tin foil and throw them on the grill or in the oven.
Tastes better than it sounds