McCormick hydraulics issue

/ McCormick hydraulics issue #1  

IloveJesus

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mccormick 40 hp, Jinma 284
Hi. I have issues with my hydraulics.
The bucket dump is going down slowly and when I push the joystick all the way (it has a two stage valve: slow and fast), then the bucket rollbacks. It just started doing this.
No other functions are affected.
I had the cylinders resealed, did not fix the issue.
If I switch the hoses the the roll back becomes slow and the dump is fine.

Any suggestions?

/ McCormick hydraulics issue #2  
Sounds like the bucket spool or the detent may be the issue. That is the cap on the backside of the valve which holds the spring and detent balls. Other thing to check is the linkage itself.

/ McCormick hydraulics issue
Ok great. Thank you. Will check the bucket spool.
With the linkage, would it be just an adjustment?

/ McCormick hydraulics issue #4  
It could be, but this is the place to start

/ McCormick hydraulics issue #5  
When you say bucket dump, I am assuming that you are referring to curling the bucket down to dump the bucket with the loader lift arms remaining stationary.
You say that your dump has two speeds a slow and a fast dump. Many times this is when using a loader valve that has a regeneration circuit in the dump mode. This is a circuit that allows fluid to bypass around and enter the dump side of a cylinder from the roll back side.
Most all buckets that I have seen will dump with gravity.
If yours is curling back when the valve is operated fully, IF that is a regenerative dump mode your hoses are messed up or your valve has some internal leakage.

/ McCormick hydraulics issue
When you say bucket dump, I am assuming that you are referring to curling the bucket down to dump the bucket with the loader lift arms remaining stationary.
You say that your dump has two speeds a slow and a fast dump. Many times this is when using a loader valve that has a regeneration circuit in the dump mode. This is a circuit that allows fluid to bypass around and enter the dump side of a cylinder from the roll back side.
Most all buckets that I have seen will dump with gravity.
If yours is curling back when the valve is operated fully, IF that is a regenerative dump mode your hoses are messed up or your valve has some internal leakage.
Hello. The hoses are not messed up, I know that for sure.
It curls down with the lever, I can hear the pump when I push the lever sideways.
It's almost as if something is blocking the fluid.