McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #11  
I'm going to try a Macnaught. I have L&L but it's just barely too big to get into some of my recessed fittings. Hopefully this will do the trick.

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #13  
Not at all fond of 'electric grease guns'. for one, they only work with cartridge grease and I find grease cartridges to be messy and, the CV joints on my equipment require a specified amount of grease. Too much and you blow the seals out, too little and the joint fails. All of my CV joints specify a certain number of pumps of a standard lever gun so that is what I use. I bulk load all my lever guns from a 150 pound open head pail of grease, have for years now.
Hmm. No, they don't use cartridges exclusively. I bulk load my Lincoln electric guns from a bucket grease pump with no mess/problems, and I can count the number of pumps/strokes. The window also shows the battery condition, number of strokes, and quantity of grease remaining - although it has a transparent cylinder that shows it. I have dedicated guns for specific greases. Many conservative people are resistant to change/improvement because "We've always done it that way."

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler
I'm not at all. In fact I have a whole raft of cordless tools, grease guns aren't one of them and never will be.

I'm going to try a Macnaught. I have L&L but it's just barely too big to get into some of my recessed fittings. Hopefully this will do the trick.
Exactly why I went with the but get the extended barrel one, not the standard length. The LNL won't fit in the bores the recessed fittings reside in.

Disregard the negative reviews, especially the ones about it falling apart. Nothing to fall apart. Like I stated the instructions aren't much but use isn't complex at all and mine leak any grease at all

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #16  
I don't have any tight fitting zerks, but I may just give the Macnaught a try anyway.

I don't have any tight fitting zerks, but I may just give the Macnaught a try anyway.
I have a fair number of them (alemite fittings) in recessed locations and it excells at greasing them. With a standard coupler, the 'ooze' eventually fills the cavity, collects filth and makes a mess. Just keep in mind that you have to pull the release collar back or it will not let go.

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #18  
Tried them both and personally, I like the McNaught coupler better. No lever to deal with and the barrel of the tool is a smaller diameter (just like a standard grease coupler) so it couples to recessed grease fittings whereas the LNL coupler won't.

Kind of the same principle minus the lever.

Anyone else use the McNaught?
I'd never heard of McNaught until I read this thread and decided to order a couple and give them a try. I'm not dissatisfied with the LNL but always willing to try something of quality.

My initial impression is they appear to be of very good quality but time will test that. I find it difficult to get the McNaught to seat on to the zerk and equally difficult to get the McNaught to release from the zerk (yes, I pull back the release). Perhaps, being new, it needs a few uses to break in.

Generally, I don't have any equipment that is tricky to grease so both couplers will work for me. The one exception is my fishing boat, it has two outboard motors, main propulsion, and a kicker for trolling. The LNL lever is impossible to use in the tight spacing on the motors with all the cabling in the path. I think the McNaught will excel greasing the outboards.

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #19  
How is it for one handed operation on a 12 inch flex hose wearing a bulky pair of greasy gloves?

I don't think the pull style un-lock is a go for me, no good in tight spots and flex whip hoses.My preference would be some sort of lever I can operate one handed. Old stye push/pull couplers tend to pull out hard to reach zerks unexpectedly.

I got it because of the smaller diameter barrel actually as I have some recessed fittings on some of my equipment. Been using it a lot and the more I use it, the easier it couples and uncouples. I did lose the orange 'o' ring on the barrel pretty quick but it's only there to give visual reference to the machined in groove anyway, pretty much not needed once you realize where the locked position is. So far so good. I've found release is easier if you rotate the release fingers as you release the coupler and leave the couple fingers in the 'locked position' when you put it on a fitting. Just snap it on. The instructions are somewhat cryptic. I guess Aussies assume you can figure out the correct method of use.