Meat Grinder recommendations

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #41  
AND, if you bone THAT deer out now, freeze the meat and then take it out to grind when the new grinder comes in, you will have $130.00 more to put toward the new grinder!!

Nice buck...

SR

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #42  
Very nice four point.

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #44  
@EddieWalker - You may want to call & check with this place... they state it is in-stock @ $799.99 & it looks like they are offering a $75 e-gift card with the purchase... could use it for accessories...

Oh, nice 8 pointer....

/ Meat Grinder recommendations
I decided to order the 1 1/2 hp LEM #32 meat grinder. I did a search on other sites and $799 was the best price that I could find. Some websites had it listed for $950!!! Amazon said that it would take $150 off of the price if I applied for and used their credit card. With the discount and tax, it came to $715. Then they said that I could make 12 interest free payments for $70, which I agreed to. I'll probably pay it off in a few months and cancel the credit card, but it's nice to not have to pay for it all at once. The card is at 19%, so it's never going to be used for anything.

After I ordered it and they sent me the email saying it should be here between December 18 to 22, I realized that I just bought the perfect Christmas gift for my wife. Win Win!!!!!

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #46  
I'm going down this path right now. It's something I want for grinding my own for making sausage, so the stuffing capabilities will be important too. It seems like Weston and LEM are the main brands that all the other manufacturers try to imitate, until you get into the larger commercial stuff.

I'm just trying to decide on a size, leaning towards the LEM #8 big bite with the .5HP motor. Right now, while still working, I usually have my game processed because the hunting season always coincides with my busiest time of the year with power plant outage work. Once I retire, I'll do all my own. I still think a #8 will work fine though. Heck, I'll be retired and have all the time in the world, right? 😀

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #47  
I have a small grinder - Oster. It's 1/4 hp. We used it to grind up MOOSE. Not the entire moose - but all the meat that couldn't be identified as steaks, chops, loin cuts, etc. The pieces just had to be cut up smaller and it took a little longer. It worked fine for 18 years when we were in Alaska. I still have the grinder and have used it on deer meat.

It has a sausage stuffing attachment - I've never use that.

As far as your retirement - gsganzer. Your long forgotten/repressed "to do" list will rear it's ugly head. You will likely be busy as a cotton seed picker in a hurricane.

I retired at the age of 40. Just three years ago I finally completed all the projects I had dreamed up. I'm now 81. Starting in government service right out of college. It didn't take long for this job to grind me down. I was most fortunate to enjoy the simple life and retire early.

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #48  
With the price of meat skyrocketing and inflation getting worse every month, we are wanting to start processing more of our own meat. Most of it would be for making dog food. We have wild hogs on our land that we can hunt year round, and a bunch of roosters every year that turn into the devil when they mature. Our past practice has been to cut the meat up with a knife and cook it in the crock pot until it's soft and then mix it in with other ingredients. It's a slow process that could be made easier if we could grind it up.

What do you have and what should I be looking for? Our goal is to buy it once and spend whatever it takes to have something that will last as long as possible. Of course, the less it costs, the better. From what I've read, commercial grade is considerably better then the lower priced units, and the more metal and stainless steel, the better. Other then that, I'm clueless.
the dogs would rather it raw and it is better for them that way too. We feed roadkill deer to our dogs

/ Meat Grinder recommendations
It's been almost two years and we still haven't used the meat grinder. It's one of those things we talk about doing, but it's always so far down on our list of priorities that it never happens. Eventually we'll catch up with everything that "Has to be done right away" and then we'll be able to do some of those things that we would like to do.

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #50  
So Eddie, I guess we shouldn't expect a review of your grinder anytime soon?
Have you at least plugged it in and done a test run?