Meat Grinder recommendations

/ Meat Grinder recommendations
We haven’t even taken it out of the box. She looked inside the box when she opened it for Christmas, and we looked over the instructions, but then we closed the box up and set it aside. It’s still sitting in that same spot!!

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #52  
I bought my first "electric" grinder in the 70's, and I have ground many a moose, caribou, deer. bear, even Dall Sheep, and I can tell you, buy the biggest grinder you can afford, you will be glad you did.

I've made hundreds and hundreds of pounds of sausage, IF you are going to make much sausage, get a dedicated sausage stuffer!

SR

/ Meat Grinder recommendations #53  
If I had the money I spent on everything I ever bought and didn’t use, I’d be able to retire tomorrow.
I cant remember the brand but I spent $200 on a grinder about 11 years ago. Bought it at the bow shop where I got my crossbow. I made sausage and burger. For years I just didn’t grind , then started making sausage with a grinder grinder attachment on a Bosch mixer. The new grinder was great and was much easier to use and maintain. Probably only did about 6 deer and started dropping deer off at the butcher instead. Back then it was only $60-65 to have a deer processed. This year I think it’s $130. It is a 40 minute drive to the butcher. I wonder how long it would take me to process it myself, But I’d need a walk in cooler to hang a deer to do it myself. It’s just too warm usually, to do it outside.