member re-introduction - I have made a purchase

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #1  

artwall

Tractor
ford
Firstly, I have forgotten my forum handle and password so when I got back up to speed, it seems I have a new forum handle. Old one was burr or something close to that.

I have finally found and purchased a tractor that fits my needs. I have been hunting (mainly thru TractorHouse) since before the virus and price increases and inventory shortages, and wondered if I ever would be able to afford a good useful worker tractor for my 11 acre wooded lot. I have been renting equipment to get me thru these times and I do not like renting. This is my third tractor and the second should have filled the needs (for good) for property maintenance ect but it was stolen.

I am a member here for a good while, mostly reading and learning than posting. This site is highly valuable to a starter or less experienced user. It seems a little more regional than my area but there are some deep south contributors with very similar situations also. And I appreciate it all. (for instance, I cannot imagine using a tractor to push snow!)

My purchase is a 2002 JD 5105 with FEL. and when I figure out attaching a photo, I'll post. A just about perfect fit for the needs of driveway, small food plots, collecting dead or downed trees and general clean-up that has been too much for a now 67yo to manage by hand. I'm tickled.

I plan to feed questions about this unit here in the very near future and thanks ...

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #3  
Porch light always on glad you return,congrats on the purchase. :)

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #5  
Welcome back!! You were lucky to be able to find a clean tractor of that vintage. That 5105 is a nice size and as they say, nonthing runs like a Deere!

I might be mistaken but you may need a certain number of posts or be here for a certain length of time before posting pictures. Otherwise it's simple;
Cllck on the "Attach files" button in the lower LH corner of your screen; that will bring you to where you can browse your files and select a photo to upload.
Choose a photo, click on "Open"; wait for it to load, then "insert"
You will then have the choice between "thumbnail" or "Full Image"
I do the latter, then shrink the photo to make it more manageable.
A lot of people just leave them full sized, often posting several pics in a message. My ISP is too slow so I can't open them, and skip over a lot of threads because of photo size.

rugerpigs.jpeg

File Photo

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #6  
2002 puts it in the T3 realm with mechanical injection and no emissions controls. Just the way I like it actually.

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase
Yes to all these comments; still can't believe but 'patience does pay'. To me, perfect size, no emissions, plenty capable. Of course, I have questions about stuff and I feel certain it's been gone over here so I'm looking forward to it. I'ma try for that photo thing first off, picture says a thousand words and all.

This tractor weighs close to 5000lb with the FEL. Tractor life (1500hrs) consisted of cutting the marching field (and I suppose cutting grass onbase) at an USArmy base. It has been in storage bldg for several years unused before going up for sale.
That is what I need to focus on. It sat parked in my residence paved carport last night - no drips, bone dry under it. I need to get a front rim welded where a hairpin crack leaks air. It came with 2 new front tires I'll install. Rears are turf tires and as soon as I locate, I'ma replace with ag rims and tires but it's no emergency.

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #8  
You might find it cheaper to just buy a new rim, especially if you already are putting new tires on.

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #10  
Nice tractor. 👍