member re-introduction - I have made a purchase

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #31  
I have ordered two piece Ag rim/wheel for the rears and are bolted together with carriage bolts. What grade hardware is this type application ? Off the shelf at the hardware store ?
I would use grade 8 carriage bolts. McMaster has them. Usually next day delivery.

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase #32  
Firstly, I have forgotten my forum handle and password so when I got back up to speed, it seems I have a new forum handle. Old one was burr or something close to that.

I have finally found and purchased a tractor that fits my needs. I have been hunting (mainly thru TractorHouse) since before the virus and price increases and inventory shortages, and wondered if I ever would be able to afford a good useful worker tractor for my 11 acre wooded lot. I have been renting equipment to get me thru these times and I do not like renting. This is my third tractor and the second should have filled the needs (for good) for property maintenance ect but it was stolen.

I am a member here for a good while, mostly reading and learning than posting. This site is highly valuable to a starter or less experienced user. It seems a little more regional than my area but there are some deep south contributors with very similar situations also. And I appreciate it all. (for instance, I cannot imagine using a tractor to push snow!)

My purchase is a 2002 JD 5105 with FEL. and when I figure out attaching a photo, I'll post. A just about perfect fit for the needs of driveway, small food plots, collecting dead or downed trees and general clean-up that has been too much for a now 67yo to manage by hand. I'm tickled.

I plan to feed questions about this unit here in the very near future and thanks ...
Great choice! You will enjoy that

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase
so putting the two piece wheels together, along with lock washers provided, should I use lock-tite ?

I have seen several photos of this model tractor and I plan to put together the same wheel stance as these photos show. It seems to provide adequate clearances for mounted tires.

/ member re-introduction - I have made a purchase
I want to change the engine oil on this '05 5105, I have purchased oil and filter. The drain plug and filter are apparent and reachable. I cannot find the oil 'fill neck' or equivalent. Does anybody know where to add engine oil to this unit ?