MF 1734E HST Whine

/ MF 1734E HST Whine
My tractor manual states it should never be in four wheel drive in higher speeds cause it can cause uneven wear in the gears, I have a mahindra emax 25 small tractor with hst so it wines.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

I very rarely use the tractor in 4 wheel drive. About the only time is plowing snow or in very muddy conditions.

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #12  
Buzz,

Do you notice it more when you're using the tractor in high gear? What HST range are you spending most of your time operating in?

I'm almost always in Medium range on my HST. Sometimes I'm in Low if I'm pushing into dirt or gravel piles with my FEL bucket, or mowing up a steep hill with the 3pt mower. I will also use High range when I'm running down the road in front of the house, going from the shop building to the main driveway.

With mine, in Low range, I don't think there's any whine at all. In Medium range there is very little, unless I'm loading it down, pushing the forward pedal down quickly and not letting the engine speed catch up (I have linked pedals). But in High range, I get a bunch of whine, especially starting forwards, or going up a hill. If I'm roading my tractor down a hill, the whine disappears almost completely.

Try operating in lower gears, start out in Low and putt around, see what the noise level does. Then try Medium for the same. As I said, I'm almost never in High when I'm working it, mostly in Medium. Also see if running your hand throttle up to 2000-2500 rpms does for you. Does it make the whine quiet down?

I had a buddy that was using High range on his compact almost exclusively for everything and was complaining about whine. When he switched to Low and Medium, his whine was greatly diminished.

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #13  
I have a 6 month old MF 1835M with Hydro. The whine has been in it since new, so I assumed it was normal. Just hit 60 hours.

I use High when traveling from my dirt pickup site to the dropoff and shift it into low to get a good full bucket since High has very little torque to push into a pile at low speed. In High, I would often not be able to back out of the pile when the tires sank a little until I shifted to Medium or Low. Works great as I use it. I stop at the entrance to the dirt piles, shift to low, go in and get my bucket FULL, back out and shift to High. Rinse repeat about 800 times. lol

Without a doubt, the whine is much more noticeable in the Higher gear.

Last edited:
   / MF 1734E HST Whine #14  
My GC 1715 whines in low range (tortoise) but hardly at all in high range (rabbit).... FWD does not seem to make difference...

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #15  
The manual tractor is best or auto? PLease give me suggestion i want to buy..

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #16  
Try them both out for yourself first.

Some folks are passionately convinced that one is better than the other.

Others are passionately convinced that it is the other way around.

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #17  
That's normal. As you work it more the whine will get louder. Have you ever heard the squeal when you accidently held your car steering wheel against the stops?
Try using a lower range on the hills and/or increasing the RPMs slightly, whichever works best. After a while you will get a feel for what your tractor does and doesn't like, and gear it down accordingly.

My Kubota was so obnoxiously loud that it would drown out the sound of the engine, and I had to wear ear plugs underneath my ear muffs. When I serviced it I put in the Super UTSD or whatever Kubota calls it. They are really proud of the stuff and charge accordingly, but it quieted the transmission down considerably.
I have a kubota L4310 hydro it has absolutely no whine whatsoever

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #19  
I have a 2019 Massey Ferguson 1734E that has a very loud whine when operating. It has been doing this since it has been new. The dealer has been here several times and has checked fluid and hydro pressures. All seems to be good. The tractor has 65 hours on it and when I did the 50 hour fluid / filter changes all looked good. The dealer stated some have louder whines than others. Is this normal for HST???? This is my first HST tractor. The tractor does have a FEL which operates fine.
I have a MF 1754 that has been a lot of trouble. It was purchased new in 2018. The dealer has been less than helpful solving the tractors problem. My advice on a MF product would be to pressure the dealer early on to correct this problem you probably have. The tractor has a 5 year warranty. Above all things don’t let the dealer stall on the solution.