MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #21  
the rusted section shows its been cracked for a while. the new shiny areas is the rest of it giving away from load , and stress from the existing crack.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor
I think that if they are not covered, then they are going to get an upgrade with gussets. Even if they are covered, I might take the new ones off and do the same. My buddies 1726e which is considerably smaller has much more stout supports from the frame than these.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #24  
And don't let anyone try and blame you with operator abuse.....because relief valves should open in the hydraulic system before it could ever break itself lifting something.

And what REALLY ANGERS ME about this, is all these Manufacturers have no problem raising prices, then raising them some more, and then giving us absolute JUNK.

I know it will never happen, but I wish everyone would stop buying all this new junk, just for a little while and then see what happens.

Does anyone have an installation manual that shows how these are installed? I’m going to take them loose but would like to take a look at what’s required if I can, before I start? Can you order these things online? I might like to have a second set to improve and reinforce.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #26  
Does anyone have an installation manual that shows how these are installed? I’m going to take them loose but would like to take a look at what’s required if I can, before I start? Can you order these things online? I might like to have a second set to improve and reinforce.
You didn't get one with it when you bought it?
My Kubota came with owners manuals for every attachment on it with all the parts breakdowns and torque specs.
You didn't get a second owners manual specific to your loader?

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #27  
So there is no diagonal bracing for those uprights tied to front of machine?

My 300cx is rated similarity? (Iirc)
That seems to be the main difference in respect to support. Deere went with a casting that is pretty heavy but tube could work if spec’d correct, I’m sure.

2000lbs cantilevered 8 feet out from the rotation point seems to be a lot to ask of some 3/8 tube(can’t quite tell how thick that is)

Good luck, keep us in loop

You didn't get one with it when you bought it?
My Kubota came with owners manuals for every attachment on it with all the parts breakdowns and torque specs.
You didn't get a second owners manual specific to your loader?
I have the Fl 2611 manual. It’s just a few pages, not a repair manual, so I didn’t that detail would be in it. I‘ll see if it has bracket mounting instructions in it.

So there is no diagonal bracing for those uprights tied to front of machine?

My 300cx is rated similarity? (Iirc)
That seems to be the main difference in respect to support. Deere went with a casting that is pretty heavy but tube could work if spec’d correct, I’m sure.

2000lbs cantilevered 8 feet out from the rotation point seems to be a lot to ask of some 3/8 tube(can’t quite tell how thick that is)

Good luck, keep us in loop
My buddies much smaller MF tractor uses round tube, which is much stronger looking that this square tubing that is mitered and welded. It’s definitely not a great design. Look up any MF 1835 with a loader and you can see them pretty clearly. The welds weren’t all the way through, as you can see in some of the separation.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #30  
My buddies much smaller MF tractor uses round tube, which is much stronger looking that this square tubing that is mitered and welded. It’s definitely not a great design. Look up any MF 1835 with a loader and you can see them pretty clearly. The welds weren’t all the way through, as you can see in some of the separation.
If it was me I would contact the safety officer at MF. Explain how the loader failed and could have caused a fatal accident. Safety issues always get results. Being a product engineer is how I know. Any safety issues on products I designed were quickly death with. One time when I worked for Bose a safety issue resulted in sending a tech to every owners home to implement a repair.

Andy