Buying Advice MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610?

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #11  
I'm sorry about that. I thought I had the location set. I'm in Hubert, North Carolina. The tractor is in Holly Ridge in Onslow County, NC, out near the ocean. It's along way from Missouri.

Dang it. :)

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #12  
I knew Richard would ask. Heck I would to if I was closer. I'd go down and pay cash and haul it home on the GN. Nice utility tractor. Parts are inexpensive and Perkins motors are rugged. 5K is chump change for it.

Yep. Someone is gonna get a bargain!!!!

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #13  
If I could cross the border.....i'd be on my way for that tractor.....a great deal

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #14  
Armchair quarter backing is easy. With that said. Craiglist that tractor and it would sell within a week with a waiting list of buyers.

Might suggest that to your neighbor and help the owner get a good price for the tractor. With implements I'd price it at $8,500.

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610?
She had two. One was a pretty small, a newer sub-compact MF tractor, but I did not catch the number. It sold for $10k very fast. Her neighbor bought it. She hasn't advertised yet anything yet as she wanted to see if friends, family or neighbors wanted them first.

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #16  
I would jump all over that deal! Don稚 let the size scare you, far more handy than a compact.

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #17  
I'll be in the market for a compact tractor later this year and was looking at the Kubota LX2610. My neighbor has a relative that just passed away and his wife has a Massey Ferguson 231 with a box blade and a rotary cutter for $5,000. It is garage kept and looks new. He bought it new to clear their land and then rarely used it. He was proud of it. Anyway, should I buy this today for $5,000, or should I wait until later this year to buy the Kubota? The 231 is more tractor than I need, but I thought it was a good price and almost too good to let go. It will mostly be used to blade a long gravel driveway and to bushhog 8 acres twice a year. What do you guys think? Thank you.

You will probably need them both. Go ahead and get the MF if it痴 clean and low hours. Then, get the 礎ota or another brand later.

If you don稚 you will wish you had later.

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610?
I can only afford one and the MF was way too big. I only have 1.5 acres that I would need to maintain throughout the year and only need to brush cut the 8 or so acres about twice a year. I didn't realize how large the MF was until I saw it in person. I would not be able to use it to cut my lawn, but I will be able to use the LX2610 for that purpose, so I passed on the MF. Thank you guys for advice.

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #19  
I can only afford one and the MF was way too big. I only have 1.5 acres that I would need to maintain throughout the year and only need to brush cut the 8 or so acres about twice a year. I didn't realize how large the MF was until I saw it in person. I would not be able to use it to cut my lawn, but I will be able to use the LX2610 for that purpose, so I passed on the MF. Thank you guys for advice.

You could resell it and make money toward your other tractor.

/ MF 231 for $5000 or Should I wait to buy a Kubota LX2610? #20  
Is the M-F 231 still up for sale & do You have any Pictures of the tractor ? I'd be interested :unsure:in it.