Will a 1040 MF front end loader fit a MF 231 tractor?

/ Will a 1040 MF front end loader fit a MF 231 tractor? #1  

Cobble

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 231
Will a 1040 MF front end loader fit a MF 231 tractor?
a pic of the loader is attached

my tractor is 2 wd, but i want a loader, and this used one is priced right... anything i should inspect before purchasing? seller has controller,not pictured.
i do not have remote hydraulics... I do not know if it will fit or not. My question is will the loader in the pic work with the tractor...
What performance should i expect with this set-up?what else do i need to make the tractor compatible with the loader?

1040 loader.jpg

MF 231.jpg

/ Will a 1040 MF front end loader fit a MF 231 tractor?
Any comments what so ever???

/ Will a 1040 MF front end loader fit a MF 231 tractor? #3  
Hi Cobble,
I guess someone should comment to you, but most likely no one knows the answer to your question, so we should at least tell you that much! My approach would be to ask the dealer about this if you have one close by. But be prepared for an evasive answer since the tractors are not recent manufacture.

I personally doubt you could get this to work without modification since I believe the 1040 is a totally different tractor and I suspect it was made by a Japanese manufacturer for MF. I know the 1010 and 1020 were.

Your best bet may be to get an aftermarket FEL for it. If you go to eBay and search for front end loader Massey Ferguson 1040 you should find some aftermarket hits, and get a known price for a new FEL that would work with your tractor.

Best wishes with your search and welcome to the forum.

/ Will a 1040 MF front end loader fit a MF 231 tractor? #4  
Welcome to the forum. As already stated it probably won't work. The 1040 has a frame on the tractor in which everything is mounted. The 231 utilizes the engine block assembly as the frame. The 231 is also a physicaly bigger tractor I think. The loader from the 1040 is the MF1016 whick onlt have a 1000# capacity and did not have the fastest hydraulics on them. You would also have to make adapter mounts to fit the loader to the tractor. The aftermarket loader is most likly the best way to go.

/ Will a 1040 MF front end loader fit a MF 231 tractor? #5  
hello . the 1040 is the loader model number not the tractor model
it well work but you will have to make your own brackets or modify the ones that come with the 1040 loader
if you want a direct fit you will have to buy a after market one