MF 2615 - Is this a good deal?

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal? #1  

ml8163

Tractor
Fordson Dexta, Massey Ferguson 2615
Hey yall,

New member and first time poster... I am looking to buy a new utility tractor around the 45 - 50 HP range to do some brush hogging and other light farm work. I ran across a 2014 MF 2615 at a local dealer that was a rental return through the AGCO program. It is 4WD, comes with a brush guard and has 590 hrs on it. They say it is sold as new with a full warranty for $17,900. Is this a good deal?

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal? #2  
Welcome to TBN...............

It may be in good as new condition but it is NOT new with 590 hours. That's not a lot of hours but it is unknown how they were put on.
Sometimes rental equipment has been abused by renters who don't know how to operate a tractor.
You don't say if it has a loader or not. HST or gear?
What exactly is the full warranty.
It may or may not be a good deal.
Check it out and let us know

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal?
Welcome to TBN...............

It may be in good as new condition but it is NOT new with 590 hours. That's not a lot of hours but it is unknown how they were put on.
Sometimes rental equipment has been abused by renters who don't know how to operate a tractor.
You don't say if it has a loader or not. HST or gear?
What exactly is the full warranty.
It may or may not be a good deal.
Check it out and let us know

Good points... The dealer said that the PTO has not been used. It does not have a loader. Shuttle gear tranny. The full warranty is 2 years. Seems kind of short compared to other manufacturers.

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal? #4  
Check with other brands in your area Kubota, LS, Kioti, Mahindra, etc. and see what their prices are. 2 years seems low for warranty. Maybe the dealer is going to honor the remainder of the original warranty. My LS has a 5 year warr.

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal? #5  
Welcome

If you have not looked at tractorhouse.com then check this link for a comparison: http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8446643

There are more there for comparison. I don't know how familiar you are with tractorhouse.com so I will point out that it is definitely not the authority on prices. Tractorhouse should probably be considered most often to be on the high side; however, I did find (a poster here actually pointed me to it) my tractor on tractorhouse.com and got a very good deal.

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal? #6  
Hey yall,

New member and first time poster... I am looking to buy a new utility tractor around the 45 - 50 HP range to do some brush hogging and other light farm work. I ran across a 2014 MF 2615 at a local dealer that was a rental return through the AGCO program. It is 4WD, comes with a brush guard and has 590 hrs on it. They say it is sold as new with a full warranty for $17,900. Is this a good deal?

If it was here near me, I would jump on it...it is a good deal !

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal? #7  
i think that's way high. i was quoted a new tractor in 2013 with a loader for $24xxx (i thought i had the quote here but i can't find it.) there was a 2615 with a loader on CL about the same time with 17x hours for 18000. if you quote had a loader i would say it's in the ballpark

/ MF 2615 - Is this a good deal? #8  
That's a lot of hours for a rental return. I'm not sure what the terms for AGCO are but all the rental returns I see from Deere never have more than 200 hours on them and most are around 100 hours or less.

Welcome

If you have not looked at tractorhouse.com then check this link for a comparison: http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8446643

There are more there for comparison. I don't know how familiar you are with tractorhouse.com so I will point out that it is definitely not the authority on prices. Tractorhouse should probably be considered most often to be on the high side; however, I did find (a poster here actually pointed me to it) my tractor on tractorhouse.com and got a very good deal.

Thanks. I will check that out.

That's a lot of hours for a rental return. I'm not sure what the terms for AGCO are but all the rental returns I see from Deere never have more than 200 hours on them and most are around 100 hours or less.

Yea... I was thinking 590 he's seemed like a lot of hours for only being a year or less old. I plan to go and take a look at it on Friday and if a like I will see if they are willing to neg. On the price.