MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #11  
I actually found the video while looking to see if I could find the whole assembly. I figured I might be doing the same thing some day. I don't think Massey sells it as a unit. Given the price of the individual parts they would be so expensive as an assembly that if you need to replace them all you might be better off buying a new deck.

On another note, my deck is 3 years old and has maybe 36 hours on it. I only spent 12 hours on my tractor mowing this year. At that rate the deck should outlast me. In my life I have only had to repair/replace a mower deck spindle once and that was on a craftsman lawn tractor I inherited that was never properly maintained.

On the other hand, I am sharpening the blades myself on this thing, which I have never done before, because the blades are stupid expensive to replace. I'm not 100% sure that I'm keeping them properly balanced and out of balance blades could cause premature bearing failure, so one never know what the future will bring.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #12  
don't forget the center housing (mandrel) is different than the 2 side housings. shaft prob different too as its not top greased.

yeah blades are expensive, I keep 2 sets on hand keeping one set sharpened.
where I buy, one set new in 10-2020 now due to be replaced. these are for the 60" 2326 deck

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #13  
My MMM has LOTS of hours on it, and I know I've hit rocks with it on a number of occasions. This spindles are pretty loud -- quiet down quite a bit after greasing, but it doesn't take long for them to get loud again, hence the suspect bearings. We'll see, I'll probably try to take it apart this winter.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #14  
Just heard back from my nearest MF dealer (within 2 days!).

Hube, you're right, the spindle assembly is NOT available as a single part. Bearings/seals kits (2) for both outer spindles comes to about $210 plus shipping; they say it can be drop-shipped directly to me. Looks like a winter project in the making!

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #15  
Just heard back from my nearest MF dealer (within 2 days!).

Hube, you're right, the spindle assembly is NOT available as a single part. Bearings/seals kits (2) for both outer spindles comes to about $210 plus shipping; they say it can be drop-shipped directly to me. Looks like a winter project in the making!

I would expect an assembly to be well beyond $300 each then, if they existed.

So, perhaps they did you a favor selling it in pieces?

Think of it as you're saving maybe $500.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #16  
The spindle housing, spindle, bearings and seals are not cast in one piece at the factory. They are assembled by man, from components, and as such, they can almost always be disassembled by man.
Inside, you will find ball bearings and seals which are available from an electric motor shop or online, from Amazon or EBay. Those generic parts will likely cost less than $25.
If the spindle itself has wear under the bearing or where the seal rides, it is toast, so you may need to purchase the whole assembly just to get the spindle.
PS. I have fabricated new spindles on my lathe, for myself and friends, but you may not have that capability.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #17  
Been working on getting my MF 2325 [60"] mower deck ready for this years mowing season. . Both the outside blade bearings are starting to growl a bit,so I was wondering if anyone has changed the brgs in there deck yet.Mine gets greased regular but the deck has over 1500 hrs on it.If anyone has changed there's can you give me the number for the brgsThanks.Larry
I've rebuilt my spindles on multiple mower decks many times. Yes,
Been working on getting my MF 2325 [60"] mower deck ready for this years mowing season. . Both the outside blade bearings are starting to growl a bit,so I was wondering if anyone has changed the brgs in there deck yet.Mine gets greased regular but the deck has over 1500 hrs on it.If anyone has changed there's can you give me the number for the brgsThanks.Larry
I've rebuilt spindles on several decks, including my MF 2325 [60"] mower deck. IIRC, the bearing is a sealed 5205. 5205 bearings for sale | eBay They are readily available, and not too hard to replace. The critical measurements are the outside dimension (52mm) and the shaft size (25mm inside dimension).

Remove the spindle. Remove the shaft from the spindle. Gently drive out the bearing with a drift. I used a 3/8" extension. Remove the opposite bearing. Replace in opposite order. I believe I started with the blade side bearing.

Do not skimp on quality for the bearings.

Last edited:
   / MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #18  
earlier I had posted (since deleted) I was bored and looked at parts list yet could NOT find part number for the center shaft which is different from other shafts.
well thats because that shaft is listed under the bevel case section.
only 3$ difference in price from other 2 shafts. 220 something $ each.

Capture.PNG

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #19  
Do not skimp on quality for the bearings.

Critically important point.

You can get a poor quality version of just about any bearing.

Unfortunately, it's often all but impossible to tell.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #20  
Pull spindle apart and see if the is a number on bearing then go to local bearing supply or check out online and just buy the replacement bearings.... My JD mowers spindles are alone $35 each and I have 6 (on two mowers for $210) yet I can get 12 replacement bearing for like $5 each or $30... Same with any seals...