MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #21  
From what I've gathered, there may be a "fuel pump", as well as an "injector pump", ... not the same.

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #22  
Well I hate to dig up a dead post but I have started to experience the same issue and was wondering if you found the reason for your issues?

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #23  
   / MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #24  
Thanks for letting everyone know how you fixed it! (PS-- I use a fair number of Kubota parts on my Massey, too...)

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions
I should have reported back long ago. The problem was a broken part inside the injector pump. It would allow the cam to turn but too slowly to pump enough fuel to start/run. Parts were not available to rebuild it so I had to fork out $1,300 for a new injector pump that should have had thousands of hours of life left on it. I'm still "walkin' funny" from that one.

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #26  
This was a helpful thread. I am dealing with same issue. Hoping for a solenoid and not a pump. Watched a YouTube of a Mech diagnosis of the fuel shut off solenoid.

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions
This was a helpful thread. I am dealing with same issue. Hoping for a solenoid and not a pump. Watched a YouTube of a Mech diagnosis of the fuel shut off solenoid.
You can test for a bad shut-off solenoid by removing it and trying to start. it contains a plunger inside that shuts off air to the fuel system. When you turn your ignition key on the plunger is supposed to retract and allow air in. When you turn the ignition key off, it extends and shuts off the air and the engine. An "in-the-field hack" is to cut the plunger off and reinstall the shut-off solenoid but you then need to stall your tractor to turn the engine off. These damn things cost about $220 a couple of years ago so that's why some folks resort to the hack. The old choke cable type of shut-off worked great on diesel tractors - they should have left well enough alone in my view.