MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #11  
   / MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions
Here is a link from the New Holland section describing how some tractors safety interlock can allow the engine to cracking but not start.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/297701-my-new-me-tc40d-dilemma.html

This may not be the case with your tractor but maybe it can give you some ideas for other things to check.

Thank you! Will give me other things to chase down today. Just had a load of gravel brought in and tail-gated on my driveway, but I need to hook up the box blade and smooth it out. Will report back.

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #13  
I would also suggest checking for a blockage.

I know on my New Holland there are conditions where it will just crank because the fuel solenoid is not energized.

I can hear a loud click when I first turn the key, which is believe is the fuel solenoid being energized. When I activate the glow plugs by turning the key a little more, I hear a faint and continuous clicking sound, which as has always been there since new when activating the glow plugs.

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #16  
I can hear a loud click when I first turn the key, which is believe is the fuel solenoid being energized. When I activate the glow plugs by turning the key a little more, I hear a faint and continuous clicking sound, which as has always been there since new when activating the glow plugs.
that faint clicking sound is the electronic fuel pump that pulls fuel from the tank and fills up the filter bowl. It's on as long as the ignition is on.

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #17  
Im almost leary of posting this, but One other thing that i tried on my tractor a. While back, my tractor just turned over and did not start. I loosened up the stop solonoid and pulled it out about 1 inch. Then i turned key. Tractor fired right up. As i pushed solonoid back into place, tractor died.
I replaced solonoid. Remember, be very careful of doing this as fan belts are very close. I happen to work alot around engines do i did dome run thrus before actually attempting this. Problem is if you remove stop solonoid and unit starts, you cant shut it down with key. Another person mentioned shutting down fuel shutoff manually to stop tractor to keep hands out of fuel solonoid area with engine running.

This method is best left to a mechanic if you are arnt comfortable around running engines.

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #18  
I'll offer 2 things, which might not come close to solving your problem. I changed my fuel filter, so sediment bowl was empty. I opened the shut-off valve and a little fuel trickled in, but when I turned the key to it 1st position, the sediment bowl filled quickly!

A friend, with more diesel experience than myself, when I asked him about "running out of fuel and did the lines need to be bled, etc" , said to "put a towel in the exhaust and crank it over, which would cause the fuel pressure to built, so it would start". He's got diesel tractors and school buses, so I have some faith in that procedure.

Lot's of rain and then Hurricane Matthew has prevented me from doing more diagnosis. Was finally able to get back on it today. I believe the culprit is the fuel pump and wanted to find out if anyone knows what the pressure reading would be for a good one. My pump is putting out a max of 4.5psi when the key is turned on. It also fluctuates between 0 to 2psi to 4.5 when rapping on it with a wrench. This is suggesting that the fuel pump is worn and I'm inclined to order a new one in the morning, but wanted to get the opinion of someone more experienced. It seems to me (but I really don't know) that a good pump would put out more than 4.5 lbs. of pressure.

Thoughts on this?

Thank you.......Ed

/ MF1533 no-start condition - need some suggestions #20  
Lot's of rain and then Hurricane Matthew has prevented me from doing more diagnosis. Was finally able to get back on it today. I believe the culprit is the fuel pump and wanted to find out if anyone knows what the pressure reading would be for a good one. My pump is putting out a max of 4.5psi when the key is turned on. It also fluctuates between 0 to 2psi to 4.5 when rapping on it with a wrench. This is suggesting that the fuel pump is worn and I'm inclined to order a new one in the morning, but wanted to get the opinion of someone more experienced. It seems to me (but I really don't know) that a good pump would put out more than 4.5 lbs. of pressure.

Thoughts on this?

Thank you.......Ed

Huum that does seem rather low to me but I really have no experience as to what the fuel pump discharge pressure should be. I would guess it needs to at least be in the 100's of psi to atomize the fuel, maybe more. How were you able to measure it?

Hopefully someone who really knows will reply.