MF1736 Speedometer and filters

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #21  
I got mine in July and the backhoe came in after a long delay in August. Shuttle shift though so no MPH to worry about. I never thought much of watching the speed on a tractor. My rig seems to dig pretty well. Plenty of strength but it will easily drag the tractor back wards stabalizers and all if you aren't careful. I didn't load the tires which would help some there I guess. I had a **** of a time getting one with Ag tires so much in fact I had to wait for them to make me one with them literally. As for the hoe it took nearly as long for the thing to cross the US as it did to cross the Pacific. MF sure does have one funky supply system. I haven't seen so many lies since the 2000 election. The dealer was straight forward about all that and showed me the computer dates right up front. He was very up front about all the idiocy. My BH came into the port of Baltimore and sat for a week or so then when it hit the road (a 13 hr drive + -) it got lost in the twilight zone for a week on a truck trip with 6 hoes dropping off up the East Coast to Northern Vt. Nice rig though once I got it and it digs small tree stumps in our ugly shale ridden rock infested soil fairly easily. I'm sure it works lots better with a skilled operator.
Beware of this with your rig........Clearance between the back of the hoe operators seat and the mount for the ag plaque on the rear of the tractor. There is seemingly plenty of clearance but it will contact and tear into the center of the seat back like mine did. Whether it did it when in use or driving around I'm not sure but it happened. Since the plaque mount is welded to the frame I cut mine off with a sawzall and ground down the the edges so it won't happen again. A little gray paint and it is fine and dandy .
Another issue is the ROPS if you keep them folded down and drive around. The retainer pins that are held captive by their wires dangle freely and constantly bang into ROPS. What it does is leave tattoos of dents shaped like a big L on the front of the ROPS. It looks like someone went to town with a sharp ice pick. No big deal to me but I'm sure some guys would be upset as it tears up the paint pretty badly in that area.
Overall I really like the tractor and even with the loader and hoe I don't tear up the grass unless it gets skidded , turned sharply in 4WD or even in 2 wd. I think I have a couple decent pics of the tractor hoe. If I can manage to get them to post here I'll give it a try.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #22  
6172_IMG_20140809_105853589.jpg7795_IMG_20140826_171451738_HDR.jpg

There are the 1736 pics that I finally figured out how to post.:confused2:

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #23  
Beware of this with your rig........Clearance between the back of the hoe operators seat and the mount for the ag plaque on the rear of the tractor. There is seemingly plenty of clearance but it will contact and tear into the center of the seat back like mine did. Whether it did it when in use or driving around I'm not sure but it happened. Since the plaque mount is welded to the frame I cut mine off with a sawzall and ground down the the edges so it won't happen again. A little gray paint and it is fine and dandy.

You are supposed to remove the SMV triangle from the tractor and put it on the backhoe. There is a bracket at the top of the dipper stick with a slight V groove fitting that accepts the SMV plaque.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters
Nice looking rig. I had the dealer add water/antifreeze to the rear tires and it makes a big difference when I am lifting those 1000+lb bales. My ROPS bar came off within an hour of owning it. It won't fit in my shop and I'm not working where it is steep enough to overturn the tractor anyway. Can I ask how much that hoe cost you? Could use one of those on mine but there are a couple areas on my property here in central Texas that are solid limestone rock.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #25  
IMG_20140926_175727243.jpgIMG_20140926_175737050.jpgIMG_20140926_175727243.jpgIMG_20140926_175737050.jpg

This is how it looks parked for mowing a field. Another note on the crap manual. Make sure to unloop the hydraulic lines from the holder clip before you attempt to separate it. :confused2: That goes along with the break in procedure to "run at full throttle for 50 hrs" break in procedure. This tractor was made in Japan but the manual reads like the USUAL CHINESE manual. Be very careful taking the advice in this book I have no idea what other idiocies lurk there.:confused2: Apologies for the double tap upload and typical Android Maax pictures .

Dang drizler, that looks pretty good. The tractor and backhoe don't look too bad either. :) I know what you mean about the 12 yo Japanese boy writing the owners manual. I just bought an Odes UTV which is made in China. Lots of laughs reading that owners manual.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #27  
It took me all of 30 seconds this evening to get it changed over to mph without taking it to the dealer 90 miles away.

Care to post the procedure on how you did this?

Thanks,

LM

I need to get the manual down in my shop but it will probably be Wednesday before that happens.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #30  
I need to get the manual down in my shop but it will probably be Wednesday before that happens.

Were you ever able to nail down this procedure for our reference?

LM