Mfwd issues with JD 310g

/ Mfwd issues with JD 310g #1  

Kdat

Tractor
John deere 310g backhoe loader
My 2004 John Deere 310g backhoe
When lifted off the ground and the mfwd is not engaged only my two front wheels are spinning ... i was told that my two back wheels should be spinning instead of the two front wheels.
Can anyone bring some clarity on this issue i am having?

/ Mfwd issues with JD 310g #2  
That test doesn’t mean a lot. What does it do with the tires on the ground?

Last edited:
   / Mfwd issues with JD 310g
S/N 512375498
On the ground the front left wheel is waring fast on the outer side of the wheel. I get traction from the backwheels when mfwd is engaged but when it disengaged i think the front wheel is powering the machine hence causing super fast ware on the tires.

/ Mfwd issues with JD 310g #4  
What happens if you lift the front end with the loader and attempt to drive it?

Meaning the back wheels on the ground and the two front wheels are off the ground ....honestly i never tried that during the trouble shooting process i would have try that and let you know tomorrow. Based on what i have explained do you thing there is a problem or any issue might arise or be looming ?

/ Mfwd issues with JD 310g #6  
I’m not saying it’s impossible but I find it extremely unlikely that the back axel could be disengaged and yet still work with the switch. Also the front end of these machines are pretty light without a load on the FEL. If that scenario actually did happen it would be immediately apparent. The backhoe would struggle to even move much less do any work with only the front end pulling.

The back hoe works well under load ....based on my observation its not struggling at all ... it was brought to my attention that only the two front wheel spins when mfwd is disengaged when all four wheels are lifted off the ground. When the mfwd is engaged we have 3 wheel spinning

So what could be the cause of the left front tire ware on the outer parts so fast?

/ Mfwd issues with JD 310g #8  
The front tires are going to wear faster than the back anyway. What’s your definition of excessive wear?

Last edited:
On the outer left part on the tire the wares are about 1/4 inch thick on the inner right side the beads are 3/4 inch .....in shorts the tire ware uneven .... so i dnt know if that is normal for the front tires.

/ Mfwd issues with JD 310g #10  
It’s pretty normal for the outside of the tires to wear faster. Under inflation would make the problem worse. The fronts are pretty high pressure tires at least compared to the back. Have you checked the pressure?