Mid PTO not coming out of gear

/ Mid PTO not coming out of gear #1  

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
All winter my mid PTO worked flawlessly, up to today. The lever moves, but the PTO stays engaged. The external linkage is connected and working as it should. This happened two years ago and the dealer fixed it under warranty, I've got a call into him but I don't expect to see them before Monday at the earliest. Has anybody else had this problem?

/ Mid PTO not coming out of gear
All winter my mid PTO worked flawlessly, up to today. The lever moves, but the PTO stays engaged. The external linkage is connected and working as it should. This happened two years ago and the dealer fixed it under warranty, I've got a call into him but I don't expect to see them before Monday at the earliest. Has anybody else had this problem?
Anybody?

/ Mid PTO not coming out of gear #3  
Maybe you already checked this.
Could be something simple like a broken roll pin. The linkage could look like it is working properly, but a broken pin/roll pin may be letting the linkage slip on the shaft were it goes into the transmission.

I will check that out tomorrow when I take the snow blower off.

/ Mid PTO not coming out of gear #5  
My rear PTO sometimes gets stuck, I just engage/disengage the clutch a few times and rock the HST pedal if necessary.

The dealer called me back yesterday and told me that part of the machine was out of warranty, so it would cost me. He will be up in a couple of weeks while he is on another service call in my area. That is okay as it is the end of the snow blowing season. As a 'work around I am going to rebuild the front drive shaft for the blower and use 2 CV joints instead of the single U joints it has now. That way if the same thing happens again, which I think it will, then I won't worry about the 'U' joints blowing out due to the increased angle when the blower is raised.

/ Mid PTO not coming out of gear #7  
The dealer called me back yesterday and told me that part of the machine was out of warranty, so it would cost me.
... wow! How many hours you have on that 2012 CK27?

/ Mid PTO not coming out of gear #8  
I'm not sure, but I think I remember my dealer telling me that the 4 year part of the warranty covers everything inside the tractor casting or case. The mid pto was an option on my CK35. Was your mid pto installed at tractor purchase or at a later date and thats why it's not covered?

... wow! How many hours you have on that 2012 CK27?
298 hrs
I'm not sure, but I think I remember my dealer telling me that the 4 year part of the warranty covers everything inside the tractor casting or case. The mid pto was an option on my CK35. Was your mid pto installed at tractor purchase or at a later date and thats why it's not covered?

The PTO was on it when I bought it.

/ Mid PTO not coming out of gear #10  
I think the Drivetrain warranty is 5 years, at least it is on my CK. In my book, the mid PTO is drivetrain, even though it's an option. I'd look into it a little more, especially if it's internal. If it's linkage, it shouldn't cost too much anyway.

BTW, how do you start the tractor when the PTO is on?