Mig gun

/ Mig gun #1  

weldermike

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L4400
Does anyone know of any companies that make a mig gun with a flex head like some tig torch companies do?

/ Mig gun #2  
I know bernard and tweco make flux core guns with a flex head, not sure about mig guns though.

/ Mig gun #3  
Mike,
Any company worth its salt makes a flex goose neck for their mig gun series. You can add one as well to many.

ProFax makes many after market quality guns with flex neck capability.
PROFAX/LENCO

/ Mig gun
Cool! Thanks mark, gonna look into it. Work in a lot of tight spots, tired of twistin myself up like a pretzel!

/ Mig gun #5  
Look up the Tweco Knuckle Head. Comes in several knuckle lengths and amp ratings. The Knuckle head uses knuckles instead of coils so when it gets hot it gets tighter instead of looser. I saw one hooked up to a robot at Fab-Tec and it was on it's 30,000th flex without failing.

/ Mig gun
Thanks yomax, gonna check it out!

/ Mig gun #7  
I had the tweco flex neck on a tweco 400 amp MIG/FCAW gun. I was not impressed at all. It was fairly costly and lasted about a month. Not sure if it was a lemon or what. I went to the Lincoln 400 Magnum MIG/FCAW with lincolns flex neck and have not looked back.

/ Mig gun #8  
You should also look at bernard, they are very good MIG/FCAW guns.

/ Mig gun #9  
The Tweco has a 1 yr. warranty. I accidentally tore a hole in my knuckle head and they replaced it n/c. I had the Lincoln one 1st and diddn't like it at all. I guess everyone likes something different. The Bernard one gets pretty loose after you weld with it a while.

/ Mig gun #10  
The Tweco has a 1 yr. warranty. I accidentally tore a hole in my knuckle head and they replaced it n/c. I had the Lincoln one 1st and diddn't like it at all. I guess everyone likes something different. The Bernard one gets pretty loose after you weld with it a while.

I didnt know that about the bernard guns, I only recomended them because I have heard good things about bernard guns in general, and I have a bernard shortstub on my stick welder and love it.