Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question?

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #11  
Always wondered if they're all they're made out to be. I now have a Dewalt and I really like it. - - although I put a new tube in and it doesn't pump anymore (it runs and tries to pump but no grease comes out). I don't think it's got air in it, but have been to busy to check it out.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #12  
I like my Milwaukee, never knew there was a dial on it

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #13  
Never had one and don't want one.

If your equipment returns to the shop everyday I’m sure a pneumatic greaser would be great. But when your equipment stays on the job hauling a 20 gallon barrel greaser and a gas air compressor just to grease equipment isn’t very practical.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #14  
If your equipment returns to the shop everyday I’m sure a pneumatic greaser would be great. But when your equipment stays on the job hauling a 20 gallon barrel greaser and a gas air compressor just to grease equipment isn’t very practical.
Why each of my implements has a grease gun in the tool box as they don't always get back every day and one issue with the electric grease guns is, with Double Cardan joints (most of my hitch towed implements have them to correct for driveline angles), they are very sensitive to over greasing as in blowing out seals so a manual grease gun is always preferred.

I bulk load all of them from the air greaser as well. I hate handling nasty grease tubes.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #15  
Always wondered if they're all they're made out to be. I now have a Dewalt and I really like it. - - although I put a new tube in and it doesn't pump anymore (it runs and tries to pump but no grease comes out). I don't think it's got air in it, but have been to busy to check it out.
I have a Dewalt too and find it a pain to bleed when you change grease tubes. What I found that works is don't even bother with the bleeder.....put your new cartridge in, but don't screw it back on tight. Leave it a bit loose then run the gun. Then once grease starts coming out hose, then tighten the cartridge body up.

Seems to work for me.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #16  
I have a Dewalt too and find it a pain to bleed when you change grease tubes. What I found that works is don't even bother with the bleeder.....put your new cartridge in, but don't screw it back on tight. Leave it a bit loose then run the gun. Then once grease starts coming out hose, then tighten the cartridge body up.

Seems to work for me.

Leaving the tube of grease in the sun also helps. 100 percent on dropping the plunger and running gun before it’s screwed all the way down. That’s way faster than using the bleeder.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #17  

Seems to work for me.

Uhmmm. I'll have to try that next time. I have to use the bleeder maybe one in four tube changes.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #18  
second method, some areas need lots of grease, not sure where it goes others very little

Love your tagline, lots of changing needed right now!

As for the grease gun, it is my FILs didn't even realize it had a control setting and I just pull the trigger and watch for grease unless it is a deck spindle in which case I just squeeze for a 3 count so as not to over grease my deck bearings. Maybe I need to check out that setting.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #19  
Never had one and do want one.
I'm curious too but I do worry that every manual task replaced by trigger pulling is one less bit of exercise I get in my day. Well, I'll get the grease gun out today - lol