Mini Dozer

/ Mini Dozer #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
I found this on the Garden Tractor site. Thought you guys might find it interesting. Guess articulated steering has been around for a long time. Mini Dozer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Mini Dozer #2  
Neat looking little machine. Wonder if it can get enough traction to really do much work...

Those old Wisconsin engines are cast-iron honkers with incredible torque... the first Bobcat skidsteers that I remember seeing were powered by Wisconsins.

/ Mini Dozer #3  
What a great looking machine. Thanks for the link. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mini Dozer
Well actually I thought it was a little on the ugly side, /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif but it does look pretty heavy duty sort of like our PT’s in a way. I bet it’s is a real work horse.

By the way MR, I tried your method the other day of taking a bucket of dirt then driving backwards to where I wanted to dump it. I like it, will take some getting used to, but it does seem work better. The little machine seems to like going in reverse with a load. Thanks for the tip. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Mini Dozer #5  
Speaking of mini dozers, I bought a C F, STRUCK MT-1800 mini dozer just one month before I found my PT-1445. I don't have much use for the dozer any more. Mine is in better shape than the one in the picture.

Attachments

• 748115-c0_1.jpg
    748115-c0_1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,232
   / Mini Dozer #6  
Glad it was helpful. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The bucket acts like wheelie bars. That is about the only time I like my armrests, by the way. They are quite useful when going in reverse. Kind of keeps you in the seat. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Mini Dozer
Wow.... looks like you have a little bit of everything J.J. pretty cool looking. You should give her a new paint job. Looks like it would be fun to play with.

I was looking at the little Magnatrac's before I bought my PT. If I would have had a few more acres I might have bought one. You should take some pic's of it in action. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Mini Dozer
Ya I guess I kinda missed the boat when ordering my PT. Came with out lights, hour meter, and arm rests. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I now have added two 55 watt halogen's to the top of the ROP'S plus an hour meter. Not sure I want arm rests. I understand they have a arm rest kit for the seat. I do have a (DUH! ) question for you guys.

I have no attachments for the PTO as of yet. I see a lever down by my leg on/off and I see a place for a switch on the panel. I guess I need a toggle or button for the panel and if so what do I wire that to?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Mini Dozer #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have no attachments for the PTO as of yet. I see a lever down by my leg on/off and I see a place for a switch on the panel. I guess I need a toggle or button for the panel and if so what do I wire that to?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

)</font>
Just guessing, having never seen a PT-180...

But, since you don't have a hydraulic quick attach that the 422 and 425's have, I'd guess that lever down by your knees with on/off engages and disengages the PTO...

/ Mini Dozer
Thanks Kent that's what I thought. So the hydraulic quick attach on the 422/425 use's a on/off panel switch? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif