Misc. RTV900 Questions

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #1  

lloyd123

Silver Member
Tractor
RTV-X1100C
After about 13 hours of tooling around in my RTV900, I've got a couple of minor questions that maybe someone on the discussion board might be able to shed some light on:

1. The illustration in both the owner's manual and the workshop manual show the oil dipstick to be sort of round with a flat section on the end. The oil level should be somewhere between the top and bottom of this flat section. The oil dipstick that I actually have in the engine is not round but flat for the entire length. There are two holes near the end and I assume that the oil level should be between these two holes. Sound logical? I could always ask the dealer but I'd rather ask here.

2. The fuel gage and to a lesser degree, the coolant temperature gage, both seem to fog up once they've been powered on for awhile. Either water or oil is vaporizing when heated up in the gage and condensing on the inside of the glass bezel. After they cool down they both clear up. Anyone else have this happening to them?

3. Does anybody know who makes the tires for the Worksite model? They're got "350 MAX OFF ROAD TIRE" written on the side. I've plugged that into google but nothing that relates to tires shows up.

Thanks

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #2  
I did not take a look at mine yet but Id say that you are correct. Between the 2 holes..

Frank

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #3  
lloyd123
My gauges are doing the same thing. The dealer said he'd check with Kubota to see if that's a warrantee item but haven't heard back.

New question:
I gave my RTV a bath yesterday. Once the mud was gone, I found a couple things I didn't like. Found a bolt on the floor in the cab area. Seems to be one that holds some of the plastic on. Haven't found where it goes but not a concern yet.
What I did find in the engine compartment, I didn't like.
The nut on the linkage that controls the vertical movement of the shifter (e.g. going from M to H range) was missing. Not sure what would have happened when the linkage actually disconnected.
Laying on top of the transmission, I found a small cylindrical steel barrel (picture attached). There's no holes or anything on it. I can't figure out what it goes to. Can anyone help identify what this is and or where it goes? The dealer installed the speedometer, otherwise, the engine hasn't been touched (other than checking fluid levels).
Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• 464240-MVC-619S.JPG
    464240-MVC-619S.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 339
   / Misc. RTV900 Questions #4  
actually now that you say that my gas gauge is doing the same thing..

my worksite tires say "350 mag off road" and designed in the USA on em . With a phone number for service. 800 833 6309

Frank

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions
I'm no Kubota mechanic but looking in the trusty parts manual the pin you attached a photo of looks like an alignment pin used between the front case and the engine. I've attached a copy of the illustration in the parts manual. If it is I don't think it could have fallen out once the engine was installed - maybe it slipped out when the engine was being connected to the case at the factory or, more likely, it's just an extra one that landed there during assembly on the line. I had a few new cars with extra nuts and bolts floating around that were dropped during assembly and weren't picked up.

Attachments

• 464296-pin.jpg
    464296-pin.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 235
   / Misc. RTV900 Questions #6  
lloyd123

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that it (as well as the bolt and washer I found in the cab) were extra parts.

Brian

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #8  
I noticed the same thing with my gauges also. If you all find out anything, please post it. By the way, I'm dropping mine off tomorrow to have the hydro lift cylinder installed. Came in sooner than I expected from Kubota. GS

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #9  
What do you plan on doing with the new cylinder?

And to the rest of you, I have not fogged up my gauges yet. But it is something I will look for.... thanks!

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #10  
Thanks again for the answer to the "spare parts" included with my engine.

New question: (again...)
From the day I first saw the RTV, I've questioned the integrity of the cargo box walls for taking abuse. I haul a lot of logs for firewood and thought the OEM box would get heavily damaged from receiving 60-100# logs. On receipt of my RTV, I removed the box and made my own out of pressure treated wood. I normally load the bed to about 2.5' high with no tailgate (so I can get a third rank of wood in, but it overhangs the back). Can the OEM box sides handle impacts without denting? Will the sides hold up without bending outwards when receiving about 800# of wood inside without the tailgate closed/latched?

Has anyone given the box a good workout? How's it holding up?

Thanks
Brian