Misc. RTV900 Questions

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #11  
My wife throws horse crap in it. Is that classified as abuse?

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #12  
Hey Mike,

Don't really know if that constitutes abuse to the box. Depending on the size of the load, how fresh it is and wind direction, it may be more abuse to the driver.

Brian

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #13  
Looking at the RTV box it seems to be pretty beefy. I would not worry bout it..

Frank

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #14  
Apparently there must be an issue with the gauges. I never mentioned it and thought it was just an issue with the humidity in my area. However, they have fogged up every time I have used it for over two months now. Sounds like Kubota needs to have a little talk with their gauge supplier!

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #15  
just got back and my gas gauge got fogged. I reached behind thre dash and found the gauge warm to the touch. It has no light in it why was it warm? MY guess is that the air is condensating in the gauge due to the heat..

Frank

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Apparently there must be an issue with the gauges. I never mentioned it and thought it was just an issue with the humidity in my area. However, they have fogged up every time I have used it for over two months now. Sounds like Kubota needs to have a little talk with their gauge supplier! )</font>

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #16  
What do I plan on doing when the kit is installed???

I do a lot of landscaping work and it will come in very handy in tight spots with top soil and mulch.

As for the gauges, I got to looking and the gauges on the zero turn mowers that my buddy uses fog up also. I imagine the humidity has a lot to do with this. Picked up my RTV from the dealer today after having the lift installed. Looks like it will be pretty nice. Time will tell I guess. Now to find some lights for the back. I looked at the rear work light but I'm going to look around some more before purchasing that one. GS

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #17  
Re. the gauges:
I talked to the dealer I got my RTV from. He said Kubota will replace the gauges that are fogging under warrantee, but... It may be awhile. He said Kubota is looking for a different supplier and once that's done, the demand will by high.

I saw in another forum somewhere (haven't been able to find it again) about gauges fogging that they believed the gauges may be fogging up due to a flaw in the manufacturing process where they were sealed up before the glue or something inside had a chance to dry. When heated, it caused the fogging effect. At least for mine, I still think it's humidity.

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #18  
Zeus,

Are you looking for a light for the cargo area?
If so you may want to look at the Warn trail lights. They're sold as either a pair (for the front of an ATV or single (sold as a backup light). I've used these on my ATVs. They hold up nicely and are definitely bright enough.
I put a pair on my RTV (one pointing into the box, the other into the cab area) They fit nicely under the roof panel, mounted to the top center bolt where the cage mounts to the ROPS. (see attached pic).
There's some on e-bay (search for "Warn Trail lights"). I've purchased a lot of stuff from the guy in Northern Cambria, PA with great success.

Brian

Attachments

• 466199-MVC-621S.JPG
    466199-MVC-621S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 201
   / Misc. RTV900 Questions #19  
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I need some light for backing up in the woods after dark and such. Where is the swith for the one that you have shining to the rear? Are they pretty bright? Thanks for the info. Glenn

/ Misc. RTV900 Questions #20  
Zeus,

Yea, I'd say they're pretty bright for a 35w bulb. The way I have it mounted (way up on top), you can't tilt up so it shines way out the back (it hits the roof). It really lights up the cargo area but I honestly don't recall if (or how far) it shines behind the RTV. If you don't use the existing hole in the cage (where it mounts to the ROPS), you could drill a new hole and mount it a little lower and then be able to tilt more horizontal.

If you got a pair, you could put one up high (where I have) and the other under the back of the box so you could see the hitch area and behind you better.

My switch is mounted to a panel that's under the roof. Here's a link.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/463654-Kubota%204.jpg

The switch that comes with these lights doesn't have a very long shaft to mount through thicker material.

Brian