Missing Loaders ?

/ Missing Loaders ? #1  

wolc123

Veteran Member
The local dealer has about 20 new tractors in stock, in the 20-50 hp range, and only one has a loader on it. My father in law had to wait about 6 months for one for his new Kubota, about a year ago.

Is this a complete failure of the “just in time”, lean manufacturing system ?

/ Missing Loaders ? #2  
Jun. 03, 2022 10:58 AM ETKubota Corporation (KUBTY)KUBTFBy: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor
  • A Japanese equipment maker, Kubota (OTCPK:KUBTY) plans to spend $140M to build a new factory in northeast Georgia, adding 500 workers to the 3,000 it already employs in the region.
  • The company said on Wednesday that it will build a new factory in Gainesville to make front-end loaders.
  • Kubota Manufacturing of America said the Georgia expansion would almost double front-end loader build capacity.
  • “We don’t currently have the facilities to meet customer demand,” Phil Sutton, vice president of Kubota Manufacturing of America, told The Times of Gainesville. "For Kubota, North America is our biggest tractor market now.”

/ Missing Loaders ? #3  
Well there you go, should build the plant in two years and you'll have your loader in 2.5 years. Problem solved. More tractors out there than Kubota folks. Let them keep their loaderless tractors.

/ Missing Loaders ? #4  
Japanese built tractor, US built loader.

In Canada Kubota offers both US built loaders and Orange painted and Kubota decaled ALO Quicke loaders.

/ Missing Loaders ? #5  
I've been reading about this loader thing and drove my my Kubota dealer yesterday. I bet he has 50 new tractors of all sizes at least and every single one of them has a loader on it. Most of these tractors have come in recently. He has never not had tractors or loaders but now he has a huge stock of them.

/ Missing Loaders ? #6  
I've been reading about this loader thing and drove my my Kubota dealer yesterday. I bet he has 50 new tractors of all sizes at least and every single one of them has a loader on it. Most of these tractors have come in recently. He has never not had tractors or loaders but now he has a huge stock of them.
Same with my dealer. They know how to order stock. Not wait until it's too late. I asked the owners how they do it. he said when I order, I order 20 of each, not one or two.

/ Missing Loaders ? #7  
I was at my local Kubota dealer a month ago picking up a gas tank for a customer's tractor. They had several L model tractors. Only one had a loader on it.

/ Missing Loaders ? #8  
Is it the steel in the hydraulic cylinders that is still the issue? That is what my dealer told me in Jan.

/ Missing Loaders ? #9  
My dealer was at a home show here this spring and reported the steel hydraulic tubing for the loader is scarce.

/ Missing Loaders ? #10  
Im betting the steel isnt scarce, rather people dont want to pay the current pricing.