Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt!

/ Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt! #11  
Definitely go with FitRite if you can. Well built and Brian is always willing to help us out here on TBN!

/ Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt! #12  
I doubt that he has a rear remote and the OEM only offers a single valve for the rear remotes at a crazy cost.
Something similar to what is pictured would work well for him.

To find something that is on the shelf or has a short lead time, good luck. :rolleyes:
He said he has is “plumbed for a backhoe”. That must mean a rear remote no?

Btw I didn’t mean to denigrate your company at all, definitely wish i could afford to wait for the good stuff (yours!). Are you able to comment at all on your stated lead times, and what a plan (if any) is to improve? Thanks for all your contributions here!

/ Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt! #14  
He said he has is “plumbed for a backhoe”. That must mean a rear remote no?

Btw I didn’t mean to denigrate your company at all, definitely wish i could afford to wait for the good stuff (yours!). Are you able to comment at all on your stated lead times, and what a plan (if any) is to improve? Thanks for all your contributions here!
I doubt that he has a remote. Typically just a power beyond loop at the rear of the tractor for a backhoe for those models.

As far as my lead times, currently at a minimum of 30 weeks. People continue to order faster or at the same rate that I can build the units.

I get less than 10% of my quotes turned into orders. At least half of the quotes that do not turn into orders are because of the lead times. Very very few complaints about cost ( I could count them (cost complaints) on my hands without using my thumbs. So that says that I would have to really expand to actually cut the lead times down. And when I say expand, I'm talking about a minimum of $500K in getting automated and probably 10 good, no great people to hire and train :unsure:. Good luck being able to do that.

This is my second career, I'm in my mid 60s. I was a contractor for over 35 years and been doing the top & tilt thing for over 10 years. Expansion to be able to cut my lead times down is not in the play book. Maybe 15 years ago, but not any longer.

From the time that I started doing this, my lead times have slowly had to extend. Then Covid hit and people went nuts. Last year I went from a 20 week lead time to a 24 week lead time. This year from 24 weeks out to now a minimum of 30 weeks.

I will say that the control valves have become an issue as far as getting those parts and my understanding is that is an issue for multiple valve manufacturers. Some of it is the parts casting, some of it is on the machining end.

As far as the actual top & tilt cylinders, I have all of those parts, just not enough time to keep everyone happy.

By the way, for your CK3510 side link, it needs to be built with a 3" stroke cylinder to be able to have an equal amount of tilt angle to both sides and match the factory fixed left link for overall pin-pin length. If you want a check valve, I can provide that also. I am 99.99% sure that you will not get this side link capability from any other source. ;)

/ Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt! #16  
   / Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt! #17  
Ya never know whose wife has been pushin' up daisies for 41 yrs and hasn't been replaced. Mine never complains, though. Son and I both cook and clean routinely. He's only been married once too, and still is. (never got to know his Mom) btw, I have to borrow/adopt grand-kids. To each his own .. unless one hates that expression too?

/ Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt!
Yep, it's no big hurry. Project is for next season most likely.
But I will have some use for it after hunting season down at the club.
Around Jan or Feb.
Local Mahindra dealers won't do it. Called Hydraulics Depot and they said they could install it but I'll hafta get the parts.
So now I'm tryin to figure out which rig I need on Brian's site. Thanks! :cool:

ETA- I can take a coupla pics of what's there. Looks like it'll be a good while anyways..

Last edited:
   / Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt! #19  
Yep, it's no big hurry. Project is for next season most likely.
But I will have some use for it after hunting season down at the club.
Around Jan or Feb.
Local Mahindra dealers won't do it. Called Hydraulics Depot and they said they could install it but I'll hafta get the parts.
So now I'm tryin to figure out which rig I need on Brian's site. Thanks! :cool:

ETA- I can take a coupla pics of what's there. Looks like it'll be a good while anyways..
Fill out the contact page and we can go from there.

/ Momma/accountant sez to get a Top-n-tilt!
FWIW, here's a coupla pics of the existing setup.

20210915_164704.jpg

20210915_164748.jpg