Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup...

/ Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup... #231  
Congrats what a saga. You are a determined and also caring person.

/ Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup... #232  
Having grown up in Hayward, it's not surprising. When I lived there, Hayward was proud of bragging that they provide more Section 8 housing then all the surrounding cities combined!!! I don't know why that was so important to them, but it's probably a good indication of why it's become the city it is today.

/ Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup...
It's true... and something you can relate as having attended school here as I did... property crime keeps increasing and much has been reduced to a misdemeanor...

Off topic... we just had another retirement and she and her husband are heading to Texas... they had never planned it and now are going to be closer to their Daughter and Grandchildren....

Another co-worker's last day is Friday... 13 years here... she is moving the Horizon near El Paso TX... strange because her new home is modern but has no source of water... only a tank where water has to be trucked in... not sure how this will be an improvement in the long run.

Always appreciate your posts Eddie!

/ Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup... #234  
Having lived in San Leandro next door for a year quite some time ago, I knew the area. Sad to hear that it sounds the place hasn't changed much.

It seems that most people I meet/know in Washington have a Bay Area connection...

To be precise... Mom's car was taken in Castro Valley near the Hospital and recovered in Hayward.

I'm driving it today to fill the tank... in almost 15 years she has 65k on the odometer... just to Safeway and Church these days...

/ Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup... #236  
It seems that most people I meet/know in Washington have a Bay Area connection...

To be precise... Mom's car was taken in Castro Valley near the Hospital and recovered in Hayward.

I'm driving it today to fill the tank... in almost 15 years she has 65k on the odometer... just to Safeway and Church these days...
I know the Bay Area well... should say once a upon a time I knew it quite well. Went to school at Berkeley, lived next to campus most of the time, and delivered Audio/Video equipment around for Eid's TV as a part time job. Good 'ole days circa 1980.

/ Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup... #237  

Driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays.... I thought those used car salesmen were lying all these years.... :laughing:

Mom's never had a ticket or accident... she just does not feel comfortable with the extreme side show drivers the accelerate through signals and do donuts on the freeways... it really is very much the wild west here... especially at night. Not in her neighborhood, but venturing out.

When she bought the car... she would think nothing of heading up to Tahoe and putting her own tire chains on... being raised on a farm it is just what you did...

/ Moms car stolen today while at Doctor's office for a checkup... #239  
Mom's never had a ticket or accident... she just does not feel comfortable with the extreme side show drivers the accelerate through signals and do donuts on the freeways... it really is very much the wild west here... especially at night. Not in her neighborhood, but venturing out.

When she bought the car... she would think nothing of heading up to Tahoe and putting her own tire chains on... being raised on a farm it is just what you did...

That sounds like my mom and mother-in-law. They weren't afraid of nothin... I've been showing my wife how to do stuff off and on for 30 years in case something happens to me. She's not afraid to do stuff either, but she's already told me if I croak, she's selling it all and moving into a town house! :laughing: It not that she can't do the work. She doesn't enjoy that type of work. :)

There is a lot to be said for someone willing to speak their mind and I can respect that... nothing I hate more than having to guess.