More 50 hour service questions

/ More 50 hour service questions #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Looking for a quick clarification on the engine oil specs. My owner's manual gives the following options:

API Service classification CC or CD
Above 77 SAE 30, SAE10W-30 or 10W-40
32 to 77 SAE 20 SAE 10W-30 or 10W40
Below 32 SAE10W, SAE10W-30 or 10W-40

The service manual I have only gives one option in the "General Specifications" secion under Engine and that's 15W40 which isn't listed at all in the owner's manual. Why the discrepency? What's right?

Also, are most of you using the same oil in the front axle that you do in the HST?
Thanks

/ More 50 hour service questions #3  
Looking for a quick clarification on the engine oil specs. My owner's manual gives the following options:

API Service classification CC or CD
Above 77 SAE 30, SAE10W-30 or 10W-40
32 to 77 SAE 20 SAE 10W-30 or 10W40
Below 32 SAE10W, SAE10W-30 or 10W-40

The service manual I have only gives one option in the "General Specifications" secion under Engine and that's 15W40 which isn't listed at all in the owner's manual. Why the discrepency? What's right?

Also, are most of you using the same oil in the front axle that you do in the HST?
Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. (new Kioti owner) I have always used 15W40 in my Kubota's. I still have several gallons of 15W40 Rotella.

James K0UA

/ More 50 hour service questions #4  
I use 5W-40 Rotella in the engine for easy Winter starts and no problems in the Summer. I use 80W-90 gear oil in the front axle but factory uses the hydro oil which is still a good choice.

/ More 50 hour service questions #5  
Ref motor oil: it's most important to use Diesel-rated oil: i.e. API "C" rated oil (CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, and now CJ in 2006 but anything above CE should be OK). The stated viscosities are fine and you can actually go a little heavier (like 15W40 instead of 10W40) with synthetic oils which flow better cold. Consider usage and when you'll next change oil. If you run less than 100 hrs/year, you'll want an oil that's good all year round (not just now).

/ More 50 hour service questions #6  
I use 5w-40 Rottella T-synthetic in the engine and 80-90 gear oil in the front axle.

/ More 50 hour service questions #7  
What about the posts of changing rear axle fluid. Any one hear of this? Can't find this in my service book or owners book.

/ More 50 hour service questions #8  
What about the posts of changing rear axle fluid. Any one hear of this? Can't find this in my service book or owners book.
I'm running Rotella heavy duty tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid in the transmission.
The transmission and rear axle use the same oil, same resevoir.

/ More 50 hour service questions #9  

Rear axle fluid "is" the hydro fluid. The hydro fluid is all in a common sump which includes the rear axle so when you change the hydro fluid, what's in the axle area also gets drained. By construction, the hydro fluid is, for the most part, moving around in the tractor case, through the filters, through the pump to whatever we need it for and then back into the common sump to start the cycle again.

/ More 50 hour service questions #10  
Thanks guys.. I didn't know what these guys on another thread were talking about.