More Best Buy

/ More Best Buy #11  
BB is also bad about saying they have a minimum of ten units at the special price. When they in fact have only one or two.

/ More Best Buy #12  
love my asus computer, it's been great, and it's even from BB.

/ More Best Buy #13  
We got Grandma an ASUS desktop from Best Buy. It died within a week or a bad power supply or motherboard (after I went home). Dad was down a couple of weeks later and took it back. The replacement had a bad image (Office Starter wouldn't load). He took it back and the 2nd replacement had a bad harddrive.
He went back one more time and persuaded them to upgrade to a Dell which had been fine since.

Aaron Z

/ More Best Buy #14  
I had a Dell laptop for work, had to have the motherboard replaced twice. I've had to have the blu ray drive replaced in my dell desktop. I generally avoid BB, as their selection of computer parts is pretty slim. Microcenter is a good computer store, if you got one around you.

/ More Best Buy
I fired up both computers, checked a few things, and installed MicroSoft security essentials because that is what our IT recommends. Both computers seem to work fine and are remarkably free of software I need to remove. I'll create restore disks for them and I'll also probably load up some stuff for the kids...word processor, spread sheet, etc, in the hope they actually use them for homework instead of just surfing and games. Hope springs eternal.

Chuck

/ More Best Buy #16  
I started a thread here about Best Buy about 6 months ago and stepped on a LOT of members toes here, I was really angry with BB and so many other members here said "OH NO, BEST BUY IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO DO BUSINESS WITH" and I ticked quite a few of the foks here off. Maybe they will remember what I said after reading this thread. GOOD. I HOPE THEY DO !!!!!

/ More Best Buy #17  
I started a thread here about Best Buy about 6 months ago and stepped on a LOT of members toes here, I was really angry with BB and so many other members here said "OH NO, BEST BUY IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO DO BUSINESS WITH" and I ticked quite a few of the foks here off. Maybe they will remember what I said after reading this thread. GOOD. I HOPE THEY DO !!!!!

Oh, and for what it is worth, my last new desktop (2008) was from Best Buy, I got a super deal on it because of my gift cards, no online retailer could meet the price, BUT I refused to let them "optimize my new PC for me" as I knew it was a huge ripoff. I did it all myself, saved big bucks, and best of all, learned how to do it next time if required. No thanks, Geek Squad.

BIGGEST, MOST BLATANTLY MISREPRESENTED GROUP OF P---S IN MODERN MARKETING. OVERHYPED, OVERPRICED, AND DISHONEST.

THERE, I said it. Go ahead and blast me again.

Last edited:
   / More Best Buy #18  
All about the money. I remember when their stores 1st opened, you could buy Motherboards, CPUs and other peripherals, now they only sell the higher markup items.

The one thing I like about Worst Buy is I can compare different brands to see whats better. Most of the time I buy elsewhere.

Needed a cable for something a couple years ago. $39.00 at Worst buy, $12.00 at Office Depot. Yup, bought it at Office Depot.

/ More Best Buy #19  
The one thing I like about Worst Buy is I can compare different brands to see whats better. Most of the time I buy elsewhere.

Needed a cable for something a couple years ago. $39.00 at Worst buy, $12.00 at Office Depot. Yup, bought it at Office Depot.

Wanted a new upgraded processor for my 530, Worst Buy's price was something like $105 and tax. Got the same thing at Newegg.com for $64, no tax, free shipping.