More site hiccups

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / More site hiccups #1  

MadDog

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Has anyone else noticed that the site is not functioning as it used to in several ways?

1. When you open a thread by clicking on the thread title, it used to take you to the first new post since you last logged in (or possibly out). Now it takes you to the first post on the first page.

2. It used to be that you clicked on "all" to bring up the whole thread and not have to take it page by page;now if you click on "all" it takes you to the top of the first page and you have to click on "all" again to get the whole thread.

Is it possible that this is just my computer? It seems unlikely, because I think that I have been experiencing the same problems whether I log in from my office or home computers.
Is it an intentional change?? If so, why? It was sometimes convenient to be able to scroll through a whole thread to find something, and always convenient to be able to scan just the new posts in a thread.

Hope this helps.

/ More site hiccups
Thanks, Ron. It sure seems I wasn't the first to notice those.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ More site hiccups #4  
I sure don't know whether it has anything to do with your computer, but I'm not having either of the problems you described. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ More site hiccups #5  
I have the same problems as MadDog, and also when I want to go to the next or previouse post I have to go back through the Index, or Jump, or take an intermediate step or two. Just not the same as before. Search is working, though. Jim

/ More site hiccups #6  
I'm experiencing the same issues, Maddog. It's frustrating, as I was spoiled with how well the site worked previously. Hopefully the admins will get it back into good working order again.

/ More site hiccups #7  
I also only get page one when clicking on all. I am using firefox browser. It has been like this for a few days.

/ More site hiccups #8  
Very strange. I'm not having these problems either.

/ More site hiccups #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Very strange )</font>

Yes, it is. Of course anything a computer does is magic to me. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Maybe it's a good thing that I've stayed with IE instead of those other browsers. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ More site hiccups #10  
Yup, one of the good features of this site was its speed and simple operation. I'm not sure what changed, but I'm still having the same problems as a couple days ago. I'll get used to them if I must. Using SlimBrowser, which works throug IE, and which I other-than-this-site find to be very easy to use, as each site stays open on a tab when you open another, so you can jump between sites. TBN worked perfect on SlimBrowser before New Years. Also checked on TBN in IE and it's the same as in SB. Here's hoping!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.