moving a building

/ moving a building #43  
Had to add four more horsepower to get up the hill!

/ moving a building #44  
I want to move my 12x16 shed on my land. Unfortunately I did not build it with skids under it. I’m debating on ways to put skids under it so I can drag it.
I also need to remove a back lean-to shed from it first.
I put skids under an existing building by lifting 1 side at a time and sliding 4x6 skids underneath. I used lag bolts from the floor inside to secure in place. I also cut the end at a 45 halfway on the ends of the 4x6 to make it easier to drag. I drilled holes in the ends to drag by the skids instead of destroying building.

Worked well and not a big job.

/ moving a building #46  
I put skids under an existing building by lifting 1 side at a time and sliding 4x6 skids underneath. I used lag bolts from the floor inside to secure in place. I also cut the end at a 45 halfway on the ends of the 4x6 to make it easier to drag. I drilled holes in the ends to drag by the skids instead of destroying building.

Worked well and not a big job.

That’s my thinking. But first I have to unattach a lean-to off the back.
I believe I used 12 ft 4x4s front to back every2 ft. The back is raised up on blocks, think I can easily slide a skid under back side.
IMG_3334.JPG

I think I put two 8 ft 4x6s longways the 16 ft direction, that the 4x4s sit on. These are back and middle If I had used a 16 ft one instead it would have skids.
I need to look for pictures when I built it.

/ moving a building
Sounds like a project and move worthy of some pictures, let us watch

/ moving a building #48  
Sounds like a project and move worthy of some pictures, let us watch

If I do I’ll probably start a new thread.
I plan big, but don’t always execute.

So much stuff to unload from shed, with no place to put it.

Ground hogs live under shed, so the clear space will be blocked with dirt.

If I get it moved, I will reside it. The 24 yo OSB is rotten at bottom.

/ moving a building #49  
Moving a shed

I started a new thread.