Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
I need to store a 1000 lbs trailer off the driveway, and want to push and pull it with a 107d. Its relitively flat, but rough enough that I can't do it myself.

Any one have any experience? I would fill the tires.

thx

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #2  
I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble on flat ground if it's just 1000 lbs.

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #4  
If your tractor has reverse, I would rig up a hitch on the front.

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #5  
Yeah I wouldn't buy weights just for that purpose. Even a small walk behind has much more pushing/pulling ability than the average man. If you can even budge it by hand, your tractor shouldn't have any trouble with it on level ground.

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #6  
IMG_1199.JPGIMG_1200.JPGI built a dolly to use the BCS to move stuff around. The log splitter, trailers, use the ball. If I'm pulling a spreader I replace the ball with a seat and ride. It does work a lot better to pull the trailer than push, and flat ground would really be nice.

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor
thats a great idea. I was considering an over sized pneumatic caster, but your setup looks much better.

How big is the trailer that you move?

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #8  
I use the tow coupler (available from Earth Tools) and strap or bolt a short piece of 1 1/4" pipe to the trailer tongue to receive the coupler. I like this method because it uses the tongue weight of a trailer, log splitter, etc, applying weight to the BCS directly for better traction. I also have a sulky and can tow behind that too, which would be like cmyoung2's setup. That works great for longer tows and gives me a seat. Earth Tools

I forgot to add...
I use a small 40" x 48" trailer with wood sides added. I've had it heaped with wet clay and sod, and with me on the front bench seat it was probably approaching one ton. On level ground it drives fine (usually only loaded with half that weight), but I have to step off and steer from the side (walking) on slight hills.

Last edited:
   / Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #9  
There is a Youtube video on the Bad Day At Work Fails, about some Asian Family on an outing with their two wheel tractor, attached to a trailer with them on it. I think the driver falls off, and the thing is going in circles for what seems like the longest time, with neither the people still on the trailer or on the ground being able to do anything about it. Finally it crashes. Quite sad actually.

/ Moving a Utility Trailer with a 2 wheel tractor #10  
My trailer is a 5x8, but it is very heavy, 1200+ lbs empty. I seldom have to move it with the BCS, and most of my ground is not anywhere near either level or smooth. Mostly it is for the log splitter, garden wagons, seed spreader.