Mr. Funnel......how to clean it??

/ Mr. Funnel......how to clean it?? #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Let's say that 10 years ago (no idea really BUT, it was minimum six/seven years) I bought a brand new Mr. Funnel. Wife didn't want it in the garage, so had some flagstone that I put out in the woods (where I kept the diesel). I set a bucket on the flagstone, put Mr. Funnel inside the bucket then put a larger bucket over that entire ensemble. Mr. Funnel had a solid base, a floor and a roof.

Went to work in Florida for 3 years, forgot about it and been back for let's call it six years so maybe it HAS been 10 years!!

None the less, somewhere over time, the buckets got knocked over, Mr., Funnel is laying about in the rain full of leaves, water "whatever" for couple years.

Pull it up, clean it out, take hose to it.... externally, it appears totally fine. There is an inner cavity as I recall...

^^ above is preface ^^

I've got maybe 35 gallons of old diesel that the neighbor gave me. He said it's about 10 years old and was sitting in a 'sealed' container (only 95% sealed as the gaskets have grown brittle)

I've got to presume there's muck in there BUT on a glance, it looks very good as you try to swish it around.

I was going to pull some out, run it through Mr. Funnel to try to filter it and then blend it into the fuel with my backhoe (I might add that I've also added some biocide or whatever that stuff is called to kill growth in there)

I don't want to take likely dirty fuel......run it through a likely dirty filter and think I've done it.

So I circle back to how would you clean Mr. Funnel inside to try to be sure it's clean all the way through?

(as I'm typing, i realize I might be looking at the wrong side. I might need to spray/wash inside the OUTLET hole verses looking at the input bucket)

Of course, I could just buy a new one but this one is otherwise intact and really had very little use.

/ Mr. Funnel......how to clean it?? #2  
Just rinse from funnel side. Mesh is designed to not allow water to go through. So trying to flush opposite way would do little good. Just start pouring that diesel through it to go in other machine!