Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one?

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one? #11  
DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR, CHECK OUT THE 2005 POLARIS RANGER 4X4 AND 6X6.
I THINK FOR YOUR NEEDS THEY WILL WORK OUT BETTER.
40 MPH WILL HAUL 3/4 TON.
THERE GOOD WORK MACHINES, AND GREAT OFF ROADING.
I CHECK OUT ALL THE BRANDS, EVEN THE MULE AND RTV 900.
I TEST DROVE ALL OF THEM, AND FOUND THE RANGER 6X6 WAS BEST FOR ME.
AS I AM 58 YEARS OLD, WANTED TO OFF ROAD TRAIL RIDE, FISH AND HUNT. THE RANGER WILL DO ALL AND ALSO IS A GREAT WORK MACHINE. ( DO YOURSELF A FAVOR TEST RIDE THEM ALL ) I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU MAKE A BETTER DECISION. IT SURE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MINE BEFORE LAYING OUT $10,000 GOOD LUCK.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one? #12  
I think by the poster is asking about a unit that would be a real workhorse and a diesel. The Mule diesel and the RTV, which is a diesel, fit that bill but not the Polaris Ranger. It sounds like he wants something mostly for work. The Mule diesel and RVT would be a good direct competitor comparison. I looked at both the Mule and the RTV and ended up liking the RTV better. The JD HPX diesel Gator was not available then. It would be a third for comparison rather than the Ranger.

For something that is fun but can also do some work, a different catagory, I drove the Ranger and the Rhino. I put the reason why in several other threads, so I won't go there, but I also bought a Rhino.

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one? #13  
IT WAS JUST MY OPINION, I THOUGHT I WANTED THE RTV900
DIESEL TILL I TEST DROVE A LOT OF OTHER MACHINES, AND DID A LITTLE HOME WORK. I FOUND IT TO BE A WORK
MACHINE BUT NOT THE BEST FOR OFF ROADING.
FOR ME I FOUND THE RANGER TO BE ABLE TO DO A GREAT JOB DOING BOTH.
IF I DID NOT TEST DRIVE OTHER UNITS, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A $10,000 UNIT I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPY
WITH. DON'T GET ME WORNG THE RTV IS A GREAT MACHINE.
AND I KNOW WHAT THE POST WAS ASKING!!! I JUST WANTED TO GIVE HIM SOME THING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE HE BOUGHT IT. EVERY ONE HAS HIS OWE OPINIONS, BUT MY BE THERE NOT THE BEST FOR SOME ONE ELSE. I JUST TRY TO HELP THE GUY OUT LIKE YOU ARE.

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one? #14  
All I can say about the gas mules are they are beasts. We have a 3020 gas mule 4x4 and we use it EVERY DAY to feed the 50-100 head of horses at our ranch. the mule has never failed on me once, we use it rain or shine. it gets loaded with 6 bales of hay every day 2 times a day and the mule caries it like it was empty, can't say much about the diesel but if its half as good as the gas you should be very pleased

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one?
Well Guys, I really wanted the Kubota a little more than the Mule, but nobody around here can get what I want until some undetermined time next year. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I need to buy something this month. So... it looks like I'll snag a Mule. A local dealer here said he'd match any price I found and a Ft. Worth dealer gave me a heck of a price, so I guess I'll buy from one of these two dealers.

Thanks for the advice and info, fellas. I definitely be logging in to this forum on a regular basis to learn more.

My next post will be asking for advice on a lift kit and tires, and where to get the best deal on a top and winch.

Thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one? #16  
You didn't fill out your profile so I'm not sure just where you are but I belive it's Texas. The Kubota dealer for the DFW metroplex (Zimm..........) has RTV's. Lots of them. If you are bound and determined to get the Mule, the best source of accessories is Essex. Essex Home page I have dealt with them for years, good folks. I have an Essex cab on my Mule 550 and Essex cab s/n 2 on my RTV. (pictures are coming). Best of luck with either one.

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one? #18  
In north Georgia try Mason Tractor in Blue Ridge, GA he has at least 15 or 20 in stock and ready to go. Great company to deal with as well....

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one?
Well Guys, I live in Midland, Texas, but have some land around Eden, Texas and Brady, Texas. I'll be using the upcoming machine for ranch work mainly with a little hunting mixed in. So far, in my search, the Kubota dealers are unwilling to come down off of retail prices while a couple of Kawasaki dealers will negotiate. This creates about a $1,600 difference in price. And, the availability of the Kawasaki is much greater than the RTV at this point. I appreciate everybody's help and if you think of anything more I should consider, please let me know.

/ Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one? #20  
I gave up trying to negotiate a price. Wore me down.
Then I sent in the wife. Now she can turn it up a notch or two.
No deals on the RTV's in this area.

We ended up giving them what they asked for. They did throw in hats, trinkets and service pickups.

-Good luck in your quest.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif