Mushroom ID?

/ Mushroom ID? #21  
The first wild mushroom I picked was a "bear's paw". Some friends who were big into picking them looked it up and the description said "This cannot be confused with any other mushroom" and "When cooked in butter they taste like broiled lobster tails."
We tried them and found that when fried in butter they tasted like "melted butter."

I don't find them often, but when I do my favorite way to cook them is to replace the noodles in chicken soup. 😛
That's what lobster and crab taste like, butter. Shrimp taste like cocktail sauce. Lol.

/ Mushroom ID? #22  
Watch Fantastic fungi on Netflix VERY interesting documentary.

/ Mushroom ID? #23  
That's what lobster and crab taste like, butter. Shrimp taste like cocktail sauce. Lol.
When I first ate crab, and lobster for that matter, it was with lotsa melted butter. I don't do that anymore and haven't for about 4 decades. Chilled Dungeness crab just by itself is just so good it is a shame to adulterate it with butter. Or even salt. Lobster the same. Recently my wife and I went over our friends house for fresh caught shrimp. They shrimp were deveined but the shells were left on. They were grilled briefly over very hot coals and then we ate them. No sauce, butter, whatever. Fantastic flavor. I think the whole drenching in butter or cocktail sauce is for either seafood past its prime or for people who don't like the particular seafood.
Eric,
Who is gonna be setting crab pots in the next couple days to get as many crabs as possible before the new year.

/ Mushroom ID? #24  
When I first ate crab, and lobster for that matter, it was with lotsa melted butter. I don't do that anymore and haven't for about 4 decades. Chilled Dungeness crab just by itself is just so good it is a shame to adulterate it with butter. Or even salt. Lobster the same. Recently my wife and I went over our friends house for fresh caught shrimp. They shrimp were deveined but the shells were left on. They were grilled briefly over very hot coals and then we ate them. No sauce, butter, whatever. Fantastic flavor. I think the whole drenching in butter or cocktail sauce is for either seafood past its prime or for people who don't like the particular seafood.
Eric,
Who is gonna be setting crab pots in the next couple days to get as many crabs as possible before the new year.
Best Sandwich I have ever eaten was a sourdough baguette, served open faced, with fresh crab, and extra sharp cheddar over the top of it and a quick flash under the broiler to melt the cheese. The sharpness of the cheese really complimented the crab.

/ Mushroom ID? #25  
Eric,
That sounds yummy! My sister doesn't like fish and she'd drench in garlic butter, my wife and i love seafood so ya nah on the butter. Though i did have a fillet of some fish that had a dusting of nori on it was surprisingly good tasting. I think some people are particularly sensitive to the "fishy" chemicals and will more likely use butter to help reduce it.