Must remove the hitch?

/ Must remove the hitch? #211  
Just so people don't bang into my hitch, hit my truck when they kick their doors open, ding up my front personalized plate etc, I park away from others. Many times I take up 4 spots and if someone hits my hitch it surely is their fault. Of course a lot of people don't see the humor in that, but, oh well..

I installed hydraulics on my truck and park it nose up on the rear bumper and the hitch on the ground. Hitting your head on a soft tire is better than your shin on my hitch.
You solved the problem by taking up 4 spaces and I only use a half a spot.
2014-southeast-showdown-and-nopi-nationals-truck-hop.jpg

/ Must remove the hitch? #212  
Maybe just 1/3! You could share a spot with a "Smart car" for sure.

/ Must remove the hitch? #213  
The step version that you speak of folds up so that it's out of the way...I have one.

not all of them do. I have one i keep in the tool box on my f450. if I am switched over to pulling goose neck, i swap my ball n drawbar over to the step plate. it does not fold, and it sticks out just as much as 'many' drawbars do. heck. even when no goose neck trailer, if i am not pulling for a while the step can stay in, otherwise it's hard to climb in to the rear of the f450 without something to stand on.

I still say that if you don't watch where you are going you could step into a pothole just as easily as hitting a hitch.. the issue is not about consideration.

as for rusty mess.. I guess that's a northern issue mostly. none of my drawbars are rusty. :)

/ Must remove the hitch? #214  
yep, must be a northern issue...in the rust belt...here in Texas I haven't had enough rain to rust anything, in years:(:(

/ Must remove the hitch? #215  
Geez,it must be fuss time for the winter ?

/ Must remove the hitch? #216  
   / Must remove the hitch? #217  
Once again..Good Grief....

I mistakenly believed that the people on TBN actually cared about someone beyond themselves..This thread proves I was very wrong. Lesson learned by me.

As I said before..Whatever.

I'm not lazy and leave my drawbar in when I want to, no guilt at all. I try and cover it with plastic bag so if someone rubs it they don't get greased, but not always. The best place to store my hitch is installed. I take it out when the camping season is over but see no need to take it in and out when using it weekly...

I respect your opinion but it appears that you don't respect mine and others.

/ Must remove the hitch? #218  
The best place to store my hitch is installed. I take it out when the camping season is over but see no need to take it in and out when using it weekly...

I respect your opinion but it appears that you don't respect mine and others.

Amen to that!

I am as considerate and open minded a person as you could find... that doesn't mean anybody NEEDS to walk so close to the back of my truck so as to hit my hitch. And my pintel hitch has an integrated step that I use meny times a day.

/ Must remove the hitch? #219  
Should we fold in the mirrors when we park as well?:rolleyes: