Must remove the hitch?

/ Must remove the hitch? #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
I thought we had discussed this recently. I looked for a thread but didn't find one quickly so... new thread.

Had a guy at work this past week knock his shin on a hitch in the parking lot and report an injury because of it. This prompted the company to release a company wide email pointing out IL state regulation stating you must remove the hitch (or cover it in a red cover) and please comply with said provisions for safety.

So I looked it up.

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HB3669

:confused2:

/ Must remove the hitch? #2  
That is a bill that didn't pass, not a law. Click on "Bill Status" near the top of the page.

Bruce

/ Must remove the hitch? #3  
If people are too stupid to look where they are walking, then putting a red cover on it isn't going to protect them either. I am so tired of big government writing stupid laws to protect stupid people from doing stupid things. One time of cracking the shin on a trailer hitch should be enough for a lifetime of "don't walk too close to a truck bumper" experience.

/ Must remove the hitch? #4  
Gary said it perfectly. :)

/ Must remove the hitch? #6  
I agree with the company. Remove the hitch when not in use. Seems pretty obvious to me the way way they are designed with a hitch pin is for that very purpose.

Chris

/ Must remove the hitch? #7  
Most times I do, sometimes I don't. But I don't need Uncle Sugar to tell me whether to remove it or not.

/ Must remove the hitch? #8  
This topic again ! Charlton Heston said it best:

So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take (hitch) freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: (insert any politician) 'From my cold, dead hands! ”End of somewhat revised quote

:rolleyes:

/ Must remove the hitch? #9  
I never liked leaving the ball mounts on a truck when not pulling a trailer, but do not believe the government should be telling people they cannot do it.

I have 4 trailers. All require a different ball height to keep the trailer close to level.
I have a ball mount set up for each trailer. The ball mounts always stay with the trailers.

/ Must remove the hitch? #10  
Get out the popcorn. :popcorntub:

Just watch where you're walking folks or suffer the sore shins.