Must Tractor ROPS Be So High?

/ Must Tractor ROPS Be So High? #121  
The Massey GC's at least used to have a fixed ROPS, and that's the biggest reason I didn't buy one at the time; the problem came for me when I sat on the machine and my head was almost a full inch taller than the ROPS- entirely negating it's existence. 🤣

/ Must Tractor ROPS Be So High? #122  
You guys just need to buy a Kubota M5111 Low profile and your ROPS height issues will go away. The ROPS on this particular tractor, will actually slide up and down with an assist of a gas spring, instead of folding backwards or forwards. Just set it at whatever height it fits on the garage and it's all good.

Man, it's fun spending other people's money! :)

View attachment 732465 View attachment 732466 View attachment 732474

Why the hell isn't this an option on every tractor!

/ Must Tractor ROPS Be So High? #123  
Why the hell isn't this an option on every tractor!
You guys just need to buy a Kubota M5111 Low profile and your ROPS height issues will go away. The ROPS on this particular tractor, will actually slide up and down with an assist of a gas spring, instead of folding backwards or forwards. Just set it at whatever height it fits on the garage and it's all good.

Man, it's fun spending other people's money! :)

View attachment 732465 View attachment 732466 View attachment 732474
I wonder though how well that sliding up & down will work once you tweak the ROPS by hitting a low limb or the dreaded garage header. I bumped my ROPS pretty good early on with a stout low pecan limb. It takes a little persuasion now to line up the bolts. :giggle:

/ Must Tractor ROPS Be So High? #124  
One consideration in buying a CUT is where you're going to store it. There are lots of stories where owners ran into the siding over the garage door. A foldable ROPS works until you forget to fold it down.

So my question is, Could CUT manufacturers design a ROPS that is more garage friendly? (Must they be so tall?)

View attachment 731391
I see your answer in your original image, just fold them down. :)

/ Must Tractor ROPS Be So High? #125  
My garage doors are ta enough, so I don't have a problem. I was just asking because somettimes I see a tractor height of 86" and I wonder why they didn't just make it 83 1/2" ? I think the best answer I've seen is that the ROPS has to be tall enough to stop the roll at 90 degrees.

I know from other threads that people who think they will always remember to lower the ROPS before entering the garage inevitably forget at some point and hear that disappointing crunch. Maybe somebody should invent a proximity audio visual alarm?

Did this once but it should be ok right ?