MX series tires

/ MX series tires #31  
You said they were for payme
Took me all of 30 seconds to upload these. Google “logging skidders” and all you see is R-1’s on them. All I see out here are R-1s.
Besides, this is a tractor forum, not a logging skidder forum ;)

View attachment 737781

View attachment 737782

View attachment 737783

View attachment 737784

View attachment 737785

Another nice thing about R-1s is it lessens the need for chains.
You said R4s were for pavement. I guess log skidders are different in the Rocky Mountains than in your country. We have lots of rocks in the woods. But those skidder tires have thick sidewalls and are wide like R4s, not like ag tractor R1s. Most skidders do run chains.

/ MX series tires #32  
All of my previous tractors had R1's. Current MX has R4 can definitely tell the difference in traction but the R4 don't tear up the lawn

Andy

/ MX series tires #33  
All of my previous tractors had R1's. Current MX has R4 can definitely tell the difference in traction but the R4 don't tear up the lawn

Andy
It would be nice if there were an option to choose those wide radial R1s like Hay Duke talks about. I think they would be less damaging to the ground, but the only R1 options for new tractors are those narrow wheel R1s that are good at cutting trenches.

/ MX series tires #34  
I have loaded R-1's. 1550# of Rim Guard in total. I never drive the tractor on my lawns. It weighs - 10,100# - besides I have no implement for the M6040 that are designed for lawn use.

I have an ATV and riding lawn mower for use on my lawns.

/ MX series tires #35  
Ahhh a great r1 vs r4 debate/argument.

On an MX sized tractor.....people saying they don't tear up the yard with r4's.....

If it's that solid and dry neither would r1's.

If it is soft and muddy but you just have something that needs done.....r4's gonna tear it up even more.....since when you get stuck you'll need to call your neighbor over with a bigger tractor that has r1s to get you out

/ MX series tires #36  
It would be nice if there were an option to choose those wide radial R1s like Hay Duke talks about. I think they would be less damaging to the ground, but the only R1 options for new tractors are those narrow wheel R1s that are good at cutting trenches.

“Hay Duke”….I like it! (y)

/ MX series tires #37  

On an MX sized tractor.....people saying they don't tear up the yard with r4's.....

If it is soft and muddy but you just have something that needs done.....r4's gonna tear it up even more.....since when you get stuck you'll need to call your neighbor over with a bigger tractor that has r1s to get you out
I just keep thinking to myself “who drives on their lawn with a tractor when it’s muddy or soft”? :unsure:

Here’s some optional Michelin flotation rubber for ya

1647602343261.jpeg

Last edited:
   / MX series tires #38  
I just keep thinking to myself “who drives on their lawn with a tractor when it’s muddy or soft”? :unsure:
I have been known to on occasion. But try to avoid it.

But for example....we do maple syrup. And have to drive through 50' of yard before we hit the field to get to the woods. By season end...got ruts about a foot deep.

Or when I had some wet areas in the yard that NEVER dried even in July.....and wanted to install some drainage tile.....

Or fixing some damaged fence around my property that can't wait because it constrains animals.

But of you have a tractor....you likely also have the ability to repair the damage you make at a later date.

/ MX series tires #39  
   / MX series tires #40  

LD1 - was it YOU peaking thru the pines last time I got the M6040 stuck??? I got my M6040 stuck exactly two times. Both involving yucky mud. And, YES, I did call my neighbor over with his big Red tractor to pull me out. It was the second year I owned the Kubota. Courage to reach out - insufficient experience to know better.

I learned that even the deepest lugged R-1's can become "slicks" in sticky mud. I know my neighbor enjoyed both experiences. He was, probably, glad that it only took two times for me to learn a valuable lesson.