MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #21  
ld1 sounds like you are on top of the hydraulic set up you want & have a far better grasp of that challenge than i do.
just for the record, why are you doing this, and what specific need that you currently have will it solve? just asking, unless you are merely describing a mechanical (hydraulic) challenge you have set up for yourself as a do it yourselfer..... best of luck

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics
I have wanted a TNT setup for a long time. Even more so now with the new tractor as I cannot just reach behind the seat and make toplink adjustments. No specific "needs" but I do alot of blade work. I have never looked seriously about doing it before, and thus the cost was scary based on what I have read hear over the years. Ya know, $800 ballpark for a TnT and $2000+ for three remotes. And $400-$500 for a Fel diverter.

After having looking seriously, and weeks of shopping around and deciding just what I want, I decided the cost vs benefit was within reality.

I'm gonna have about $400-$500 in the remotes. $300 in the TNT. and about $200 in the diverter including the joystick.

So I'll gladly save $2000 to do the design/engineering and install myself.

I have wanted a grapple for awhile, and thus the diverter need. Again, never serious about it before because my old L3400 had a pin on bucket.

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #23  
sounds good. i couldn't do w/o my hyd top link if that is what you're referring to in TNT. well worth it and a lot safer for me. good luck

TNT is top n tilt.

That's a hydraulic toplink AND side link (tilt) cylinder

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #25  
Why are you going with 3" cyls? Is the MX5100 cat 2?

Yes, it's cat 2 but the toplink tractor side is cat 1. But I think I think I am still gonna sue a cat 2 eye and bushing. Alot beefier.

My decision to go 3" vs 2.5 was a few reasons. 1. Wasn't much cost difference. 2. Better speed control. And 3. Lowers the operating pressure and pressure spikes in the hoses.

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #27  
:)

I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

Once I get it all together I'll start a new thread. I'll post a link here though. I am about 50% done with the rear. Making the TNT as we speak. And for the valve mounted and plumbed before I had to leave for work.

So I have to finish up the TNT, make clamps for the QC's, which I ain't sure just how fancy I ant to get with that yet. And then it's gonna be waiting on QC's. Since I got the wrong ones. Will be calling them this morning.

I am taking plenty of pics through out. Will post in the new thread when I start it. Don't want the good money shots /conclusion burried several pages deep in this thread.

A little preview

IMG_20160725_031815377-1600x900.jpg

Got the valve handles all mounted as well as the block / clamps to house the quick couplers.

Everything ready and waiting for them. I am a little disappointed with the place I ordered them from. With them being incorrectly labeled on their website I got the wrong ones. (their fault). I called them promptly monday morning when they opened at 7:30am and expressed that I needed these like yesterday, and the quicker they could get them to me the better.

They made no effort to expedite anything. Things werent passed off to UPS until 4:30 that afternoon, then just standard shipping. So I wont have them until tomorrow afternoon yet.:mur: Doubtful I will ever order from them again.

On the bright side, this caused me to do some more searching for the couplers I wanted and seeing if I could get them local. Sure enough napa can get them. And at an even better price than anything I saw online. But he could only have me 4 sets by this morning. Perfect....I only have the TNT as of yet. So getting ready to head there now. Cant wait to get this buttoned up today and test it out. I got some blade work to do leveling around some backfill where I did some tiling a few months ago.

Will get it all together and get a new thread started with all the pics and details.