My 2009 deer hunt

/ My 2009 deer hunt #1  

JC-jetro

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700
Just to share a few pics of my deer hunt. I had 5 tags, one any deer and 4 doe tags. I bagged a buck and a doe in the early season, and two does in the normal season. Have one left over tag to fill in late Jan1-10 season.

JC,

PS. Merry Christmas ya'll.

Buck#1, did not have my camera with me for Doe#2.

dsc08220d.jpg

dsc08229r.jpg

Doe #3 and #4

dsc08464d.jpg

dsc08466a.jpg

/ My 2009 deer hunt #2  
Nice harvest and good pics. General consensus in this area is to get the hide off quick and then let them hang for awhile, unless it gets to warm. Looks like a lot of good eating.

/ My 2009 deer hunt
Nice harvest and good pics. General consensus in this area is to get the hide off quick and then let them hang for awhile, unless it gets to warm. Looks like a lot of good eating.

Yes, I don't like to hang them with the hide on as they get stiff and a bit more difficult to skin. I have at times aged the whole thing but got to take the fillets out to avoid them to dry out. I get rid of rib cage, head and skin right away. I hang the rest in the shed and take a ham or shoulder in to butcher.

JC,

dsc08223.jpg

One deer processed, 30-35 lbs of solid meat.

dsc08234.jpg

Last edited:
   / My 2009 deer hunt #4  
JC,

Bountiful harvest indeed, nice work, looks like you didn't waste much.

:) Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

JB.

/ My 2009 deer hunt
JC,

Bountiful harvest indeed, nice work, looks like you didn't waste much.

:) Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

JB.

Thanks John,

Wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and safe holidays. probably more than %65 to %75 is waste.

JC,:)

/ My 2009 deer hunt #6  
Congrats on some fine tender looking freezer fillers JC.

/ My 2009 deer hunt #7  
Had a 135#, 5 point and a 115#, doe - have not thought about weighing the meat afterwards... It's a freezer full and it last us the whole year. I quarter the deer, "aging" it in coolers about 40* for a week, then cut it up or ground it up and vaccum sealing it... after that, I don't feel like doing anything else but eat it!!!

/ My 2009 deer hunt #9  
Very nice, JC. It looks like venison will be on the menu quite often at your house.:)

/ My 2009 deer hunt
Thanks guys,

We try our best to the extent possible to eat naturally raised, organically grown stuff reason why I try to harvest as many deer as I can get tag for. In Kansas city In Shawnee Mission Park very recently county folks had to hire sharp shooters from the local police and sheriff offices to cull between I guess 300 to 500 deer in the park and meat provided to harvester. Food is plentiful in our country but the quality is diminishing all the time with associated cost to our environment. We use deer meat for just about everything you can think of knowing what works where. In reality 150 to 180 lbs of solid meat for a family of 6 (when my #1 son is back from college) is not a lot of meat per serving.
We like to eat our "potatoes with the meat" rather than the opposite.

JC:)