My 30x40x12' Pole Barn Thread

/ My 30x40x12' Pole Barn Thread
Not sure what I have that might qualify as a mez? I thought only monitor style barns had those...

Sent from my Motorola Moto X using TractorByNet

/ My 30x40x12' Pole Barn Thread #82  
Not sure what I have that might qualify as a mez? I thought only monitor style barns had those... Sent from my Motorola Moto X using TractorByNet
I was thinking the post in the middle might have been to support a floor.

Here's about the only shot I've got of my "mezzanine" on my phone. I built some stairs and a 2-level loft that primarily serves as extra attic space.

I've thought about flipping the stairs around, moving that work bench on the back wall to the right wall, and then building a 10x10 office or workout room inside. It'd be nice to have a home gym area (or so my wife says) but it'd also be nice to have an office space for a home goat business I'm trying to get started.

ForumRunner_20140117_085208.png

/ My 30x40x12' Pole Barn Thread #84  
What does one do with goats? Is there that much of a market for goats milk, cheese, meat? Do they have any other uses?

I like your bridges I've seen from several threads. I'm starting on my own bridge that will be very similar to yours. I believe you have 3 poles supporting yours and you drive your JD 3203 over with no problem? I have a kubota B7610 which weighs almost 1000lbs less than yours.

Well, I'm wanting to breed fainting goats. Technically, they're a meat goat not a dairy goat. Also, people show them, raise them for pets, use them to clear land, etc. I'm not looking to retire on my goat profits. However, it would be nice to break even and show the kids how to invest their time and effort into something to ultimately see a profit.

I have not driven across my bridges on my tractor, only my 800 lbs ATV. To quote my wife, "You're not driving that $20k tractor across anything you built that's 10 feet in the air!" So now that the laws been made, I haven't tested it. Perhaps if I had a heavier layer of bridge timbers I might consider my first bridge (its 7' high) with 2 utility poles spaced wheel width apart... my decking is only 2x8s.

/ My 30x40x12' Pole Barn Thread #86  
Just out of curiosity - is that a windmill on your bench?

At that time, I was assembling my windmill for our backyard. Check out that thread if you're interested.